Horrible Squeaking Please Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

c Wilson

Reaction score
So I have this squeaking that occurs when I go over tiny and large bumps as well as when I turn the steering wheel at low speeds. Ford thought it was the right front upper control arm so I replaced both UCAs with Camburgs and spacers and the noise still persists. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated so when I take it to a different shop they have an idea of what to look for. Thanks as always. This is the link to the video on youtube:

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Sounds like a goose. lol. Maybe drop the tailgate and jump up and down on it, along with putting your foot on the front bumper loops and jumping, see if it happens?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sell it, not fixable!!!

Are you 100% sure that its from the front end? Sounds like the leaf springs to me, but I'm sure you've deciphered it is from the front, so, I would disconnect the sway bar and see if the noise goes away.

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sell it, not fixable!!!

Are you 100% sure that its from the front end? Sounds like the leaf springs to me, but I'm sure you've deciphered it is from the front, so, I would disconnect the sway bar and see if the noise goes away.
Thinking leafs too.

OP
OP
C

c Wilson

Reaction score
LOL yes it is certainly from the right front tire. Went underneath while I had someone jump up and down and it looks to be coming from somewhere in here but honestly sounds like it could be somewhere in the wheel but I highly doubt it. Definitely not the leafs it isn't coming from there. I thought it might be so I took the back end off the ground and separated the leafs and greased between them and didn't change a thing.

2D01EC1C-4506-4F13-A617-B7059626DED5_1_105_c.jpeg

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jack it up and spin the wheel, disconnect the sway bar end link and then drop it back down and see if it squeals or squaks, lol.
Torque that shock bolt to the factory specs as well, if you didn't.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Brake pad wear indicator? Brake shroud touching the rotor? Maybe spray some lithium lube on parts 1 at a time til it goes away, except the brakes of course. Things like shock bushings, control arm bushings, etc. Also, if you had the lower shock bolt out at some point, make sure it's torqued to 400 ft/lbs.

OP
OP
C

c Wilson

Reaction score
OK thanks for all the tips I'll try the greasing first and see if there is any luck. I removed the sway bar link and the sound was still there. The shocks would have been removed to put on the eibach springs so I'll check the torque on that as well. Will let you know what the answer is when I figure it out.