Horrible Paint Quality on the Fenders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be. Worst case scenario is you have the issue Ford will replace it.

...in 6 months.

Probs check in the morning to see how hard they are to take off and just do that before drop off and throw them in the cab to ceramic separately. Your comment is actually my nightmare.. I couldn't get parts at all for my First Edition Bronco with multiple random failures or quality mistakes every part that was needed was "no eta". No idea what OEM raptor flares would be in this situation but not sure I want to find out.

Otherwise maybe the best solution is to just make sure the flares get PPF first before paint correction on the rest of the fender

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probs check in the morning to see how hard they are to take off and just do that before drop off and throw them in the cab to ceramic separately. Your comment is actually my nightmare.. I couldn't get parts at all for my First Edition Bronco with multiple random failures or quality mistakes every part that was needed was "no eta". No idea what OEM raptor flares would be in this situation but not sure I want to find out.

Otherwise maybe the best solution is to just make sure the flares get PPF first before paint correction on the rest of the fender

Don't take this as an insult because it's not. I am OCD about my vehicles too but its better to try to do things yourself like detailing, maintenance, etc. Instead of paying someone for ceramic coating spend time researching and if you want or need to then take a class.

If you have used the shop before and you have established trust with them then you are probably better off paying. If not, if I were in your shoes I wouldn't mainly because of parts shortage in case something happened.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't take this as an insult because it's not. I am OCD about my vehicles too but its better to try to do things yourself like detailing, maintenance, etc. Instead of paying someone for ceramic coating spend time researching and if you want or need to then take a class.

If you have used the shop before and you have established trust with them then you are probably better off paying. If not, if I were in your shoes I wouldn't mainly because of parts shortage in case something happened.

It's not an insult, all good, when I was 16 and bought my first truck I was always pumped about maintenance and cleaning my car. It wore off with age, and it's not as therapeutic as it once was. Now it would just be stressful with 3 kids on the weekend I can't get away from. I did just check out feynlabs website though for all the supplies I'd need.. probs run me like $400-$550 but full paint correction, ceramic, and front clip ppf is like $2200.. I definitely don't have the skill to ppf and it's needed between correction and ceramic so I'm likely better off paying regardless even if I did want to give it a go.

Jr24

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine did the exact same thing, but the tape only pulled the paint on the driver’s side flares and not the passenger side. My detailer masked the edges of the flares while he was doing the paint correction, and I know he used the green tape because he showed me the actual tape that still had the paint stuck to it. Also, I’ve had the same detailer paint correct and ceramic coat three other vehicles including my 2018 Raptor, and have always been pleased, so I don’t blame him at all.

My dealer took pictures and sent it into Ford but they still haven’t heard anything. I’m about to have it fixed myself at my body shop because I’m tired of waiting. I’ve had my truck six weeks and it has about 750 miles on it, and has been like this for 4 weeks. My opinion is that it was definitely poor prep before the flares were painted.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not an insult, all good, when I was 16 and bought my first truck I was always pumped about maintenance and cleaning my car. It wore off with age, and it's not as therapeutic as it once was. Now it would just be stressful with 3 kids on the weekend I can't get away from. I did just check out feynlabs website though for all the supplies I'd need.. probs run me like $400-$550 but full paint correction, ceramic, and front clip ppf is like $2200.. I definitely don't have the skill to ppf and it's needed between correction and ceramic so I'm likely better off paying regardless even if I did want to give it a go.

I understand completely. If you were closer I would take care of the correction/ceramic for you for beer. I stopped doing Xpel or any other PPF after the last quote I received several years ago to have it installed and I am in semi-rural part of NC. The buffer & pads are the expensive part, you kinda learn as you go that better polishes, waxes, sealants, etc don't always equal higher cost. I don't do it professionally but my wife insists on having black vehicles, wheels and interior so its a devil.

Also I would hope you wouldn't need a full correction since its new but with cost cutting measures and if your truck was sitting waiting on components who knows. The black pillars on each door are the most prone area to get micro swirls/scratches so I elected to use OCDplug's product on them this time so I am not constantly pulling out the buffer. I never reuse a microfiber, after I am done its trashed.

2022 Ruth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
COVID trucks. You just have to live with it. I was doing car stereo stuff this weekend and had the carpet out. I found 3 screws and 4 nuts. Maybe they belong someplace. Maybe they fell out of someone’s pocket at the factory.

Good news is if I need some nice factory 7mm/10mm screws and nuts, I already have them!