Horn Problem - I am stumped…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hoping someone on RF is a horn expert or at least knows a bit about the circuit…

There are 4 contacts on the back of the airbag unit. Bottom two seem to work fine for me, top two - no horn.

In other words, if I push REALLY hard at the bottom of the pad and it works, but nothing if I push on the top of the pad.

I can feel the contacts making connection, they hit firmly. This really sucks because all the morons at stop lights on their cell phones need me to remind them they are driving a car.

Anyone know if there is a fuse or something that would only be for the top contacts (seems like a stretch but…)

Thx!

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Sounds like you are awfully *****. Edit: hσrηψ

But to answer your question, it sounds like the upper contacts need to be replaced. Not sure if you can get them separately from the steering wheel or not.

OP
OP
Sonicsunspot

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would even be happy to get a good, detailed wiring diagram. One that shows all the contacts and the wire colors.