Horn out after phasers replaced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ruey220

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i just had one of the two horns on mine go out recently (low tone) and it was sounding like the road runner beep beep. I since replaced it with the PIAA super Bass horn, it is now a good amount louder with the same pitches as the factory one so it doesn't sound too aftermarket.

For anyone who is interested, you can use the factory harness if you cut into it and splice a new connector to the horns.

piaa-85115-horn-front-hr.jpg20230112_113238.jpg20230112_113247.jpg20230112_113600.jpg

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i just had one of the two horns on mine go out recently (low tone) and it was sounding like the road runner beep beep. I since replaced it with the PIAA super Bass horn, it is now a good amount louder with the same pitches as the factory one so it doesn't sound too aftermarket.

For anyone who is interested, you can use the factory harness if you cut into it and splice a new connector to the horns.

View attachment 388660View attachment 388661View attachment 388662View attachment 388663
What’s with the electrical tape? That’s not going to seal out moisture and corrosion, especially not in the engine bay. Did you solder the wires?

ruey220

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What’s with the electrical tape? That’s not going to seal out moisture and corrosion, especially not in the engine bay. Did you solder the wires?
I used gold connectors. Is that not good enough? I used electrical tape to make it harder for someone to cut the wires from the grill. I heard people been cutting the horns when they try to break into the truck.
Good point you mention about corrosion, the old horns had corrosion on the connectors, hence why one of the tones went out.20230112_154227.jpg

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used gold connectors. Is that not good enough? I used electrical tape to make it harder for someone to cut the wires from the grill. I heard people been cutting the horns when they try to break into the truck.
Good point you mention about corrosion, the old horns had corrosion on the connectors, hence why one of the tones went out.View attachment 388667
Gold terminals are good, but are the connectors weatherproof? I’m guessing they’re crimp style terminals?