Honest Fuel Economy Comparison - Raptor vs TRX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
Last year about this time the wife and I did a trip to San Juan Island. Just got back from the same trip in the TRX. Coming back today we had brutal head winds from Anacortes to Ellensburg (they had gale force wind warnings in effect at the time). Below is the trip computer from the 2020 trip in the Raptor, the trip computer from this years trip in the TRX, and a more detailed summary of this years trip. Just thought I’d throw it out there for folks to see.

Trip Computer from the 2020 trip in the Raptor
A2A807E1-4A7B-4112-A971-59FB7377F8D4.jpeg

Trip Computer from this years trip in the TRX
7473FCEE-1EED-4C5D-BCF4-53EDBAED33CF.jpeg

Hand Calculated vs Truck Computer (economy gauge reset at every gas stop)
2EAC46CE-4359-4132-9693-77BEECC8E39A.jpeg

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just did a drive down to San Diego from LA. Highway was about 17.5 mpg with cruise set to 78mph

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those are almost exactly the same as what I get in the Raptor and TRX as well. not at all surprised to see the drop off from Ritzville to Ellensburg since you had to come up the Vantage grade. I took my TRX from Boise to Stanley recently and while fun, it was expensive

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, that sucks, literally! (Gas that is, and in your pocketbook). As much as I'd rather hear the purr of a V8 in my Raptor, I do have an appreciation for the gas mileage I get with the TT V6.....

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I’ll pass on that especially with the gas prices now. I’d be more impressed if Ram was able to corral some of those horses and put out a few more MPGs instead.

But you know, Tommy Toughnuts Ram has to maintain big balls image and stuff. Because Rams are for real men who don’t drive pussyass V6s and who definitely don’t have deep seated issues with their masculinity. (Not pointing at you OP, just in general.)