Home Link Visor Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willis68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2011 did not come with this option. I checked around all over the web and with several Ford dealers and the cheapest I could have got the Visor with the Home Link installed was around $300.00. Well I just couldn't live with removing my absolutely perfect stock visor and replacing it just to have it sit in my garage and be stored away.

So I searched a few forums and looked at threads where folks have done this them selfs and it looked stock. I ordered a Home Link unit from ebay for $28.00 and spent 2 hours yesterday doing the mod, it is now programmed to do both of my garage doors and looks just as good as the visor in my 2012 Lincoln Navigator that came with it installed.

I was concerned about tearing the fabric or anything else that could have gone wrong and decided that if I did mess it up I would pay the $300.00 and order one. The absolute hardest part of this Mod for me was programming the home link. My wife's Navigator comes with Car u 2 installed in the visor and you simply program it directly to the opener. The Home Link however has to first be programmed to the Transmitter (Remote Opener) then to the unit

For any of you considering doing this it is not that hard to do and if you take your time and are careful it will come out looking identical to the Ford OEM Visor

I could not be happier!

IMG_4521_zps73d5a4a3.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
willis68

willis68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can i do this on my 2010?? is it pre wired or what?

The visor in my 2011 has a vanity light. So 12 volts are there to splice into, also it is pre cut for a Home Link module, what I mean is the plastic mold of the visor already has the pattern cut into it so once you remove the plastics the module fits right in

I am not sure if the 2010 is the same or not

Here is the link that I used to install mine,

http://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4074

Last edited:

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
wish I had a garage

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

wonder how much a visor out of a wrecked truck is.

OP
OP
willis68

willis68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys,

I absolutely hated having to carry 2 garage door openers in my truck when it was programmed into my wife's Navigator so I could not be happier with it!