Holy Mother of BFG KM3’s- I got SHANKED in the Desert!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MPRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, Mickey Thompson would be proud of those “KO3’s”, lol. You keep livin on the edge though and you’ll have to upgrade from the KM3 to the racing KR2, KR3 or KR3S since ur a dyed in the wool BFG guy. I don’t think they will sell u the Mickeys if u have a Manny Bun, though. . As usual, thx for sharing ur adventures, glad u made it out ok.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This place kills me as I rot away in NY with no trails to drive on. At least I'm loading up my SxS today in my trailer for a day in the Catskill Mountains about 100 miles north of me.

Beautiful trails. I'd friggin kill to live near enough to do that.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Is that some kind of crazy thorn a just a piece of wood? That's crazy how it punched in like that.
It may be a limb from the “Cat’s Claw”
That’s definitely a lot of force to shank me like that, I must have caught it at just the right angle:(

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
This place kills me as I rot away in NY with no trails to drive on. At least I'm loading up my SxS today in my trailer for a day in the Catskill Mountains about 100 miles north of me.

Beautiful trails. I'd friggin kill to live near enough to do that.
Catskill’s are beautiful, post some shots of your adventure :)

WOW

Reaction score
I own a company that does mountain top tower work in North Idaho and Northeastern Washington. Rutted, rocky, mountain goat trails are the norm getting to the towers. I have ripped/cut holes in more tire sidewalls then I can count. After we destroy the tires that came on a truck we switch to a set with 3-ply sidewalls. The key is the 3-ply sidewall. I swear by BFG All Terrain and Mud Terrain tires. Also good are Toyo MT, Toyo M55 (certain sizes), Toyo AT (certain sizes) and budget (noisy) Ironman MT tires. In 25 years, I have only cut one sidewall in a 3-ply sidewall tire. Shop carefully. Changing a tire on a muddy, snowy, and steep access road (trail) is never a good day.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
I own a company that does mountain top tower work in North Idaho and Northeastern Washington. Rutted, rocky, mountain goat trails are the norm getting to the towers. I have ripped/cut holes in more tire sidewalls then I can count. After we destroy the tires that came on a truck we switch to a set with 3-ply sidewalls. The key is the 3-ply sidewall. I swear by BFG All Terrain and Mud Terrain tires. Also good are Toyo MT, Toyo M55 (certain sizes), Toyo AT (certain sizes) and budget (noisy) Ironman MT tires. In 25 years, I have only cut one sidewall in a 3-ply sidewall tire. Shop carefully. Changing a tire on a muddy, snowy, and steep access road (trail) is never a good day.
Hey Brother, we need some pictures of your Tower Runs, they maybe minus the Raptor but I love those “Trails” I run them sometimes and they ALWAYS have 7-10 pucker factor. I think the dude with the blade making the “Trail” is laughing his Azzzz Off the whole time :happy175: