**Holiday Sale!!**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

AMB Lighting

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've had the flu for the past week and haven't been doing much of anything. Im going to try and answer everyone's questions now.

OP
OP
A

AMB Lighting

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Got mine yesterday and started putting them in. went with the puddles first. they look great. There was no placement chart in the box though. where does each bulb type go?
thanks.

I'm doing the same. I got the puddles, maps, license plate and cab light done.

The lights in the crew cab are different and it appears I only have one of those instead of three.

I have no idea what to do with the other or the other parts. Some instructions would be nice.

One of the threads has some pics with some labels. Labels on the actual delivered lights would have been better.

So far I have broke a plastic piece in the map light, but it seems ok w/o it. I also broke one of the license plate lights. A little superglue and it's fixed.

I know this doesn't help you all but I will start adding a placement chart for future orders. I usually do label each set of bulbs but I was rushing with the latest orders and did not do that. I apologize for that.

tsawyer- what other parts do you have? If you want you can take some pics of what ever you have questions about and email me at [email protected] and i'll be happy to help you out.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

I'm disappointed. Got my kit today, and even though I specifically asked if this was the 19 piece LED + 6 resistor kit, I only recieved 16 LEDs. What are the other 3 that I'm missing? Only 1 of mine has a label that says "Front Turn", and I hope they're the non-switch backs like I requested. I'll be able to figure out what goes where, but it would have been nice to either get a simple printed sheet, or a label on each set, or at least a more detailed thread in this section for which ones go where.

Can anybody help me identify what I'm missing?

I got 2 of these (Licence Plate Lights):
T101c2.jpg

I got 8 of these (2 maps, 2 cargo, 2 reverse, 2 reflector???):
T105c1.jpg

I got 6 of these (2 labeled for turn signals, 4 unlabled for taillights???):
31572.jpg

I got 6 resistors (no pic).

I didn't get ANY of these (dome light) should there have been 2 of these?):

44mm1.jpg

So I have 16 LEDs.....which are the 3 that I'm missing? I know I'm missing dome lights, but how many, and what else? I did get my mirror flood lamps too, but they were separate from the 19 LED + 6 Resistor kit.

AMB when will I get those other 3? And where do the smaller unlabled LEDs all go?

The 2 mirrior puddle lights do count towards that 19, so do you have 16 total including the puddle or not including them? I think you might not of gotten the dome light only. Please let me know about how you got the "16" total. I'll be mor then happy to get this corrected for you.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks AMB. Looking forward to the updates. I already started installing some of mine despite the 20* temps outside, I couldn't wait lol. And now it's driving me nuts it's 1/2 LED and 1/2 yellow bulbs in my interior. I'm missing 3 of these for my rear dome light:

44mm1.jpg

I was able to answer pretty much all my own questions, although i'd still recommend either a printed instruction sheet, or some extra labels, just for that warm and fuzzy feeling when you open the box. I'd be more than happy to snap some install pics and write up a 1 page instruction sheet with some pics if you want to include in future kits. I'm pretty handy with modding so for myself it was cake to figure out, but I can see some others who aren't as gear head inclined to be a bit nervous about prying off covers, especially hearing of some already taking theirs out and breaking pieces. Some parts are a bit tricky to remove without breaking anything, the front dome light cover especially.

I am bummed out a bit, here's 3 things I hope we can straighten out so I can give this mod a big 2 thumbs up:

1.) Need the 3 rear dome light LEDs that were missing from my kit

2.) I feel a little jipped on the interior kit, as it's not a full interior kit despite being advertised as "Complete Interior/Exterior LED Kit". The visor LEDs aren't included.

3.) I'm also disappointed in the reverse lights. The factory reverse lights are horrible as it is. Many members get bigger LEDs for the reverse lights, but this kit is the same tiny little LEDs as the front MAP lights as it is for the reverse lights. That's not going to work well at all, and even in this thread from several months ago you had posted about a bulk order of bigger LEDs for the reverse lights and several customers had liked the bigger ones, but my kit just had the same tiny map light ones. http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f185/led-reverse-lights-15917/

I bought this kit because I was hoping for 1 stop shop, every LED for every light on the truck, even though I could have gotten everything for cheaper individual elsewhere. For once I paid for convenience over cost, but I was missing 3 LEDs from my package, the kit doesn't include 2 LEDs for the visor lights, and the reverse lights aren't the best they could be or what I expected. I hope we can work everything out, I really want to be able to recommend you guys for a 1 stop shop of a LED kit, I'm just a little bummed out so I hope you guys understand where I'm at. Looking forward to working through it all though :005:

Got mine yesterday and started putting them in. went with the puddles first. they look great. There was no placement chart in the box though. where does each bulb type go?
thanks.

There should be 3 of these, and they go in the rear dome light:
44mm1.jpg

There should be 8 of these, and 2 go in the front dome light, 2 go in the 3rd brake light cargo lamps, 2 go in the reverse lights (although I would have liked to see bigger ones for this), and 2 go in the front marker light behind the reflector:

T105c2.jpg

There should be 6 of these (2 may be different for turn signal flashbacks), 2 go in the turn signals, 4 go in the taillights

31572.jpg

There should be 2 of these, they go in place of the license plate lights:

T101c2.jpg

I'll post up some pics of mine installed later today. Got the interior ones done for the ones I had, and the mirror flood lamps. May pull the heads and tails to do those, depending on how much I feel like wrenching in the frigid cold to remove them lol

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

The 2 mirrior puddle lights do count towards that 19, so do you have 16 total including the puddle or not including them? I think you might not of gotten the dome light only. Please let me know about how you got the "16" total. I'll be mor then happy to get this corrected for you.

According to this thread, the 2 mirror puddle lights don't count towards that 19:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f185/hids-led-interior-exterior-bulbs-*pics*-14175/

The 19 LED kit should be
2- license plate
2- front dome light
3- rear dome light
2- front headlight reflectors
2- reverse lights
2- cargo light
2- front turn signals
4- rear turn signal/brake lights

The 2 Mirror Dome lights aren't counted in that 19 because it's the separate kit for a separate price.

See my last post, we were typing at the same time. I'm missing the 3 LEDs for the rear dome light, the kit is also missing the 2 LEDs for the visors, and the kit only includes small LEDs for the reverse lights and not the larger ones that older threads had referenced including.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately, another issue encountered. My taillight LEDs are the incorrect ones. This is getting depressing fast.

The taillight LEDs are switchbacks. Which means my brake lights are now ORANGE. And no I didn't mix any bulbs up, I tried all 6 of the big LEDs. 2 are amber/amber for the front, the other 4 are amber/white switch backs. The taillight LEDs need to be white, that flash from dim to bright when the brakes/flashers/signal is applied. With the red lense the change from white to orange of the switchbacks doesn't change the brightness of the light, and it makes my brake lights look orange not red. That is not only illegal, it's unsafe. I can't install these. Pics attached.

Also I just installed the cargo lamp LEDs. They're way smaller than the bulbs that came out. I wanted to go LED not just for white light but for more light. Putting the same tiny little map lights in place of the big stock cargo lights is a downgrade.

Issues:
1- Missing 3 LEDs for the rear dome light
2- Kit doesn't include 2 LEDs for the visor lights and it should
3- Reverse bulbs are smaller LEDs than they should be
4- Cargo lamp LEDs are smaller LEDs than they should be
5- Brake light LEDs are switchback so my brakes are now orange instead of red

Warming up now to go attempt the headlights turn signal and reflector light, I really hope I don't run into any more issues. How have you guys with previous kits made out? This is really upsetting. I'm an electrical engineer, I very easily could have pieced together my own kit, heck I could have soldered my own LED bulbs themselves, but I went this route and paid the extra price of a single kit for convenience, and it's turning out to be a headache.

Hope we can work everything out AMB. Please keep me posted.

Attachments

• LEDs-09.jpg
    LEDs-09.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 28
  • LEDs-10.jpg
    LEDs-10.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 29

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
*UPDATE*

Finally some success lol. Installed the front reflector lights and the front turn signals. Both of those went fine. The reflector lights were the proper sized LEDs for the replacement, and the turn signal bulbs work properly. I ordered the straight amber/amber, not switchback white/amber because the Raptor looks so badazz with all the amber running lights so I didn't want to eliminate that with switchbacks. I can't wait to get some pics tonight once it's dark.

Now just to resolve my outstanding issues listed above so I can finally be fully converted over to LED!

OP
OP
A

AMB Lighting

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Issues:
1- Missing 3 LEDs for the rear dome light
2- Kit doesn't include 2 LEDs for the visor lights and it should
3- Reverse bulbs are smaller LEDs than they should be
4- Cargo lamp LEDs are smaller LEDs than they should be
5- Brake light LEDs are switchback so my brakes are now orange instead of red

Hope we can work everything out AMB. Please keep me posted.

Ok, first I'd like to say I'm on my phone, that's why I'm only quoting this. I did read everything though.

I understand things are not going well today with your kit but please know I am willing to work things out and correct what needs to be corrected on my end. I've had dozens of happy customers on this forum and I plan to keep that going lol.

Now I'm going to address your issues in the same order you listed them above.

1- Will get these out to you on Monday
2- I've never looked into those or had anyone ever ask for those. You're the first
3- The reverse lights I sent you are the same that everyone has gotten except for 1 local customer and 1 customer in Canada. I've never been happy with a larger bulb that I've found so far, none has been overly brighter.
4- That's the same bulb I've sold since day 1 for the cargos and I've never had anyone tell me anything but good things about it. When you say their smaller then they should be, are you referring to the 2825 led size or in your opinion their should be more LEDs in general?
5- Will get the correct bulbs out to you on Monday.

Let me know what you mean on issue #4 and we'll see what we can work out.

tsawyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
344C-4876-B859-3BFB5885969D-24325-00001FBF8212B28E.jpg

This is what I have left.

So 2 of the big lights in the front (they are marked) and 4 in the rear. I need to know how those install with the resistors.

As for The other 4 lights I have, I guess 2 are backing up lights.

The last 2 are an error. I'm should have received 2 more lights for the rear map lights as I only got 1 of those. So my rear map area has one led and 2 originals.

I guess I can send you these 2 back and you can send me the right bulbs for back there.

Some detailed instructions for the resistors would be great.

Thanks

Tom

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, first I'd like to say I'm on my phone, that's why I'm only quoting this. I did read everything though.

I understand things are not going well today with your kit but please know I am willing to work things out and correct what needs to be corrected on my end. I've had dozens of happy customers on this forum and I plan to keep that going lol.

Now I'm going to address your issues in the same order you listed them above.

1- Will get these out to you on Monday
2- I've never looked into those or had anyone ever ask for those. You're the first
3- The reverse lights I sent you are the same that everyone has gotten except for 1 local customer and 1 customer in Canada. I've never been happy with a larger bulb that I've found so far, none has been overly brighter.
4- That's the same bulb I've sold since day 1 for the cargos and I've never had anyone tell me anything but good things about it. When you say their smaller then they should be, are you referring to the 2825 led size or in your opinion their should be more LEDs in general?
5- Will get the correct bulbs out to you on Monday.

Let me know what you mean on issue #4 and we'll see what we can work out.

Appreciate you getting back to me, and I do want to work things out so my truck is all LEDs and the kit is ironed out for any future guys getting it as well, because it's definitely easier just getting a 1 stop shop kit!

Really looking forward to getting the missing LEDs for #1 (rear dome light) and the correct LEDs for #5 (brake lights).

For #2 (visor lights) will you be adding these to the kit? I can try to find the bulb # for you, I attached a pic of what it looks like. I'd really like to add these to make it a *COMPLETE* kit because the interior looks AWESOME at night with the LEDs, but flipping down the visor I'm greeted by that ugly yellow light again lol

For #3 (Reverse Lights) Do you have a larger LED I can trade these 2 in for? I know bigger ones wont be a night and day difference, but every bit helps, and more LEDs will be more light. Maybe not a ton, but surely slightly more.

For #4 (Cargo Lights), these look the same size as the reverse lights. I attached a pic of this too. The factory bulb is much larger than the LED replacement one. I'd prefer putting at least an equivalent size LED in there that's replacing the factory bulbs to maximize cargo visiblity. I can send these 2 back if you have 2 bigger ones I can trade for.

344C-4876-B859-3BFB5885969D-24325-00001FBF8212B28E.jpg

This is what I have left.

So 2 of the big lights in the front (they are marked) and 4 in the rear. I need to know how those install with the resistors.

As for The other 4 lights I have, I guess 2 are backing up lights.

The last 2 are an error. I'm should have received 2 more lights for the rear map lights as I only got 1 of those. So my rear map area has one led and 2 originals.

I guess I can send you these 2 back and you can send me the right bulbs for back there.

Some detailed instructions for the resistors would be great.

Thanks

Tom

Are you sure those 2 small ones are extra? Did you swap the front headlight corner reflector lights? You should have gotten 8 of those, 2 go in the front dome light, 2 go in the headlight side reflectors, 2 go in the cargo lamp, and 2 go in the reverse lights.

Check your 4 taillight bulbs to make sure they're not white/amber switchbacks. You need white/white for the brake lights. You may be okay because your packages are different for those 4. Mine were blank white packaging, not the SMD packaging, so hopefully I was the only one that got that mix up.

As for the resistors, install the bulbs and check their function 1st. You may not even need them. I installed my LEDs in 1 taillight, checked the flashers and turn signals, and didn't get the hyperflash. Unfortunately that's when I discovered they were switchbacks instead of white, so I had to take them back out. But with just 1 taillight with LEDs, I didn't need the resistors. When i did the front turn signals, I did 1 side at at time and checked the flashers/signals and no hyperflash. I did the 2nd side and still no hyperflash. I'm not exactly sure how the system is setup since it's electronic flashers now and not just the relay you hear clicking like older vehicles, so you may not need the resistors at all.

I'm waiting till I get the replacement rear lights before I can say that 100%, but with just the fronts changed out, I don't need the resistors yet. Hoping AMB will offer a refund for the value of the resistors or let me trade them for some LEDs for my other truck if I don't end up needing them, and it'll save them money on future kits too.

Pics attached as referenced in my 1st quoted reply to ABM, for the pic of the LED cargo lamp vs the much larger size factory cargo lamp, and the pic of the factory visor light that needs to be replaced with LEDs.

Attachments

• LEDs-06.jpg
    LEDs-06.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 23
  • LEDs-08.jpg
    LEDs-08.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 25

tsawyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I guess the extra 2 go in the headlight side reflectors. Then I'm still missing 2 for the rear dome/map light.

I don't know what the hyperflash is, but I will install them and see if anything looks weird. The 4 lights for the back are in packages that say s3157. They don't look any different than the fronts. I'll give them a try and see what happens.

Thanks for the help.

Tom

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hyperflash is just blinking really fast. Typically when a bulb blows, the lower resistance causes the blinker to flash really fast. Annoying fast. LEDs often make the flashers blink faster due to their lower resistance and the load resisters get wired into the light harness in parallel with the LEDs to put the load back so the relays flash at the same rate they used to.

But with our high tech electronic bloated Raptors, the new electronic controlled turn signals may not be affected by it, and the load resistors may be unnecessary. With LED front turn signals and factory rear ones they're definitely not needed.

Just like the rest of the LEDs plug them in and make sure they work before you bolt the headlights back in (3 bolts each side). If they don't just flip them like the others. Your front turn signals look different than mine. Mine were all white, yours have the yellow pads, so I think you may have switchbacks where you'll lose the amber parking lights, they'll only be amber on turn signals, and white on parking lights.