Hold out for V8?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGONFLY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That so called little V6 TT won the friggin LeMans 24 hour race. Ford put allot of development into this V6 and it paid off. We should count our blessings they added it to the Raptor. They could of kept that honking 6.2 V8 and you would of bought it. Then complained it wasn't much faster under the alluminum skin than the previous model. You want a V8 for that rumble then make some strange noises while your driving it.
As for looking at it from a resale angle as to holding you back from getting one, why bother. Its not why you buy one of these trucks. Buy ir, enjoy it.

Snowsled

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That so called little V6 TT won the friggin LeMans 24 hour race. Ford put allot of development into this V6 and it paid off. We should count our blessings they added it to the Raptor. They could of kept that honking 6.2 V8 and you would of bought it. Then complained it wasn't much faster under the alluminum skin than the previous model. You want a V8 for that rumble then make some strange noises while your driving it.
As for looking at it from a resale angle as to holding you back from getting one, why bother. Its not why you buy one of these trucks. Buy ir, enjoy it.

OR, the could have given us the 5L from the Mustang, it is over 400 hp with no SVT massaging. I would have been 100x more interested in that, no interest in an ecoboost Raptor, or the 10 speed transmission or the aluminum body. I am a curmudgeon...

I get that the government is driving the destruction of the vehicles I love, look, only two trucks available anymore with manual transmissions, none from Ford. What the Raptor needed was the SC 5.4 AND manual transmission from the GT500, then you could have sold them at mark-up.

These trucks actually have stellar resale, double a standard F150 and they were not double when new. Buying vehicles and driving them is a bad investment plan however, I completely agree with that.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you can literally go buy a ******* 5.0 f150 right damnit now.

get off the cross, we need the wood.