Hock's 2012 Raptor Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What brand is that pan? Does it say RA or BA? Are you doing any "shift kit" or anything while you're in there?

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
can you reuse the gasket (I'm assuming not). What added value is this? More fluid so the trans runs cooler longer?

Thanks as always Hock.

OP
OP
H

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What brand is that pan? Does it say RA or BA? Are you doing any "shift kit" or anything while you're in there?

I ordered the one SDHQ has on their site... No changes in the trans for now... Its says RA I think

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
can you reuse the gasket (I'm assuming not). What added value is this? More fluid so the trans runs cooler longer?

Thanks as always Hock.

Yes resuable gasket... ITs 98% aluminum with a raised silicone seal... Value addition is just more oil and I use 100% synthetic redline ATF which I like... Yes, longer to get to running temps. I have plans for a cooler just havent decided where to install or what one I want to run...

OP
OP
H

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So being the cheap ass I am right now since I am waiting for this buyout offer Ford is making to decide what I am going to do. I have had this bed cover in storage for 2 years. Was my dads and I sold the truck and kept the cover. It was for a 8ft bed and wouldnt work on mine so, I ripped apart cut down the rails to fit, slid in a thin piece of 1/2 wide aluminum in the part where the cover slides into, took a 3/4 wide piece of aluminum drilled some holes in it, tucked the vinyl under and attached. I plan on making a 3/4 cover with another piece of aluminum and gluing vinyl over it so ya cant see the aluminum... But this works for now to keep the shit out of the bed...
Bedcover004.jpg

Bedcover002.jpg

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered the one SDHQ has on their site... No changes in the trans for now... Its says RA I think

Performance automatic manufactures the pan so it should say PA.. their is not a "shift kit" available for the Raptor trans, it is fully controlled by the computer so the shift pressures and shift points are all controlled by the tuner.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
SO, with the B Day and a holiday coming up my GF decided to get me everything at once. I decided not to get the GoPro and get this instead. So, I will be setup for snow on this snowball!!! 1099.00 free shipping I couldnt go wrong...
Warn Industries 9.5cti Winch 97550 | eBay

NICE!
I just returned my Harbor Freight special and bought this one instead.
10,000lb/ Synthetic rope/ and water proof all for $600 shipped.
Smittybilt Part 98310 - X2O Comp Series, 10,000 lb. Amphibious Winch -RH1