hmmm...what contraption ami making now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be done with the renovation work around the house! I’m down for one when you’re ready to go into production!
haha, still working on the house. but at night when i cant make any noise is when i tinker with stuff.i used to have a 2am text list back in 2014-15

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
so rough draft #2. i decided to pad the armrest and keep the wireless charging pad in the same location. unfortunately the padding was a little too rough. the vinyl wrap over the entire armrest shows the imperfections of the padding. plus i got a wrinkle in the vinyl. eff me. well going to strip it and try again at some point. but i think its enough for tonight.IMG_20220525_235022.jpgIMG_20220525_235013.jpgIMG_20220525_235007.jpg

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
got it figured out. was laying down in the shower since i cant stand up that long ....... why do i need to glue the vinyl to the the padding? thats what is causing my issue. i only need to glue it to the charging tray and the edges. that will allow me to stretch the vinyl more to smooth it out. so maybe tomorrow depending how i feel, i might get back to it

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stitching area around the charge pad would help I think.
yeah, but im not martha stuart and im trying to do this on a budget so if other gen1 people want to do this mod, they can.

however if you are offering your sewing skills, and want to take on a project. i got some underwear with holes that could use fixing.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
yeah, but im not martha stuart and im trying to do this on a budget so if other gen1 people want to do this mod, they can.

however if you are offering your sewing skills, and want to take on a project. i got some underwear with holes that could use fixing.
it’s not hard to sew leather. I had to learn in order to get quicker access to holsters. those are a bit time intensive, but that’s because the leather is a bunch thicker and harder to work with. If you did time in the boy scouts, or Army/Marine Corps, you can probably do it. Don’t try if prior service involves Navy or Air Force, or if your improv skills involved having a buddy sew up your socks. Else it’s simple. decent sized needle, heavy duty cotton waxed thread.

straighten your charge pad out, draw some guide lines on the leather with something that will buff right out. bonus points: get a pattern to mark the sewing holes. Stitch that bad boy right up.