hmmm...what contraption ami making now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so test run #1 is a success. wireless charging on my center console lid. i just threw some vinyl on it to cover it, but im still working on a way to eliminae the imprint of the charging coils, so dont nitpick....... i also found i can make the tray about 1/4 inch deeper so it will hold the phone better. so try #2 will be a deeper tray and hopefully a smooth area as well. for now, here are some pics.IMG_20220313_223129.jpgIMG_20220313_223142.jpgIMG_20220313_223137.jpg

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not sure if i want to use the led or not, or even where to put it. i have a metal plate on the back soi can use my magnetic mount. took a bit of time to be able to keep the metal plate on, and be able to wirelessly charge since technically you cant use both. this is my first phone that can wirelessly charge so now im trying to be cord free in the truck. i 3d printed the tray based on my friends phone. i dont know what kind it is, but its the biggest effin phone i have seen and then add a case to it, and it was massive so this tray is a little big, but its very functional. i dont see it being a problem for any phone at this point. with th deeper tray, it wont matter what phone you have, it will stay put and charge. my phone is oneplus 8pro for reference

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Nice. Idk if itd work, but on the deeper version what if you printed a thin piece the size of the interior to cover the charger and then did the vinyl .?.

I probably wouldn’t use the led i think itd be a bit bright out of the corner of your eye while driving at night. Plus the phone will tell ya if its charging.

Just an idea and 2 cents lol