GEN 2 Hitch tilts down slightly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bdesim2

Reaction score
I know this is getting to be an older thread.... but did anyone have an outcome or fix for this? is it bent? as designed? I have a late built 2018 that has the exact same issue as above

bdesim2

Reaction score
Yes unless you level the truck. However the hitch should be level to the frame. I measured mine. It’s about 5 degrees tilted downward when measured with a digital protractor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes unless you level the truck. However the hitch should be level to the frame. I measured mine. It’s about 5 degrees tilted downward when measured with a digital protractor

When you hitch up a trailer the trailer should to be nose low to allow for better weight transfer to the truck. Not to mention if you are using a weight distribution hitch. It's all going to be just fine.
5* of angle IS NOT the end of the world. I doubt you can even be able to prove that it has any significant impact on anything when operating the truck.

bdesim2

Reaction score
When you hitch up a trailer the trailer should to be nose low to allow for better weight transfer to the truck. Not to mention if you are using a weight distribution hitch. It's all going to be just fine.
5* of angle IS NOT the end of the world. I doubt you can even be able to prove that it has any significant impact on anything when operating the truck.

I’m going to take a pic of my hitch receiver on it today and post it. It seems way too much of an angle for me. If I try to align my distribution hitch things do not line up correct. I’ll get pics

NeverEnoughHP

Reaction score
I can say with confidence it is the design. I sold Ford trucks for almost 20 years and this is my 6th F150 and non of my other trucks had this issue. It's not just the Raptor either, all new F150's have this crappy hitch. Talked to my dealer and they measure a half dozen other F150's and they were all the same. Said they have had several complaints and even replaced a few with equally crappy replacements. Mine looks stupid with a hitch in the receiver.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

bdesim2

Reaction score
I can say with confidence it is the design. I sold Ford trucks for almost 20 years and this is my 6th F150 and non of my other trucks had this issue. It's not just the Raptor either, all new F150's have this crappy hitch. Talked to my dealer and they measure a half dozen other F150's and they were all the same. Said they have had several complaints and even replaced a few with equally crappy replacements. Mine looks stupid with a hitch in the receiver.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

I agree with this. It’s the way the receiver sleeve is welded to the hitch from what I can see. Everything is straight but that.