GEN 2 Hitch tilts down slightly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WOW

Reaction score
I have a problem with my 2018 raptor hitch. It tilts down slightly. It creates a problem when using rack systems. Does anyone else have this problem? Ford replaced the hitch once, but it still tilts down slightly, though not as bad as before. The square tube and angle iron support appears to not be aligned with the cross frame correctly. There is a new Raptor on the dealer lot that has the same problem. Is this common with the Gen2 Raptor? I guess I am looking for some feedback on if your hitch is straight or tilting down?

hitch tilt.jpg

Swarfworks

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had that suspicion with mine. It makes my adjustable aluminum hitch look bent. Figured it was the actual hitch. Must just be the design.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a problem with my 2018 raptor hitch. It tilts down slightly. It creates a problem when using rack systems. Does anyone else have this problem? Ford replaced the hitch once, but it still tilts down slightly, though not as bad as before. The square tube and angle iron support appears to not be aligned with the cross frame correctly. There is a new Raptor on the dealer lot that has the same problem. Is this common with the Gen2 Raptor? I guess I am looking for some feedback on if your hitch is straight or tilting down?

Any chance the rack system requires a hitch sleeve to prevent teetering? It does look pretty angled with the bike on there. Or is the square itself pointing at downward angle?

OP
OP
WOW

WOW

Reaction score
Any chance the rack system requires a hitch sleeve to prevent teetering? It does look pretty angled with the bike on there. Or is the square itself pointing at downward angle?

The square tube itself is pointing at a downward angle. If I put a stinger with a ball on it in the tube it points down. I need to know if anyone else has the same problem. Thank you.

Stern_94

Reaction score
I was just about to make a thread regarding this same issue. Is your truck leveled or stock rake?

I've had my hitch assembly replaced as well and the replacement still has a noticeable tilt. I checked the tilt angle using a digital level and the truck bed as a 0° reference. The old receiver tube tilted about 4° towards the rear of the truck and the new receiver tilts about 3°. The truck has been leveled about 1.5" which would add to the tilt but it seems to tilt more than normal. I owned a 2012 F150 that was leveled about the same prior to the Raptor and never noticed the hitch tilting.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After reading this thread I look at mine as well. It dips down about 3-4 degrees from an iPhone level reference to the bed at 0. With standard rack this should be pretty level to the ground

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score
mine tilts down

Attachments

• IMG_2458.jpg
    IMG_2458.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 131