Hitch cover?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
My only problem with the super bright back up lights is that if they are too bright it just blows the camera out at night. If you rely on the camera you might be disappointed. But using mirrors is fantastic. Just a heads up... Also I'm sure the camera in the gen2 is MUCH better than the gen1

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
My only problem with the super bright back up lights is that if they are too bright it just blows the camera out at night. If you rely on the camera you might be disappointed. But using mirrors is fantastic. Just a heads up... Also I'm sure the camera in the gen2 is MUCH better than the gen1

Haven't had any gen1 camera issues. We've tested it with all the beam configurations. Haven't tested on gen 2 yet, but I would imagine there shouldn't be any issues there either.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
Sorry for not using my words more carefully. It isn't going to prevent the camera from working. That will work just fine. The issue arises from the camera's inability to create an image with so much contrast. The problem is the difference from light to dark. The way around this issue is to use only the widest of beams. If you can evenly light the scene the camera can adjust for all the extra light. Where problems arise is when there are hot spots. Either the hot spot will just show up as white out and the dark areas will look normal, or if the hot spot is big enough it will choose to expose for the hot spot and the surrounding dark areas will show as black. It also doesn't block the whole image and you can still see things, just not as much as without the light and just using the brake lights. I posted about this at one point but I can't find the images at the moment.

This is no fault of the light, or your product. Honestly it is a testament to how good and bright the light is! Just something to be aware of... I'll have to get some pics tonight to show you what I mean with my inferior but still bright visionX utility LEDs.

There are countless uses for such a bright light behind your truck *tailgaters*, Raptor Runs etc etc. Your product looks great and very robust (it has to be since it is the trailing edge of the truck). I applaud you and look forward to seeing more about them. Hell I'm considering putting two of them on the front of my truck. (Yes I have two front hitches)

Last edited:

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
@CineSLR no offense was taken, I actually encourage criticism, without it, products would never be perfected.

I understand your points and I do agree that if there are any hotspots they do "white out" that area. But, being that the hitch receiver and hitch light are near level (with what the truck is) the hot spots are pretty far down range, farther than what you would normally be looking at while backing up and looking at the camera, so it really doesn't seem to affect camera usability much. YMMV. Because of this, the Flood beams are IMO the best overall for this application, but everyone has a different use for it as well.

You can find more info about these in a thread in our vendor section! Let me know if you have any questions. I'm sure we can work out a package deal if you decide to go this route.

I have 2 Baja Design S2s in my rear bumper (2 of them are about the equivalent to a Squadron PRO), granted I also have them equipped with amber lenses, but the outcome was identical with clear lenses as well. The spread of light is very good (the crappy concrete would beg to differ tho haha). The pics are in a neighborhood with zero street lighting in the middle of the night.

IMG_20150124_220158774_zpsgdbgzng8.jpg

IMG_20150124_220212642_zpsk6gejp0s.jpg

IMG_20150124_220234073_zpszdi73m4m.jpg

Last edited:

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
Oh yeah, my ol 2011 camera/screen looks like VHS compared to your newer setup so that doesn't help either...

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
For those that wanted to see side shots on a factory bumper... Had to run to a dealership to snag some pics. Apparently there are no more local raptors with the stock bumper:ROFLJest:

*Didn't have a G1 raptor available with a oem bumper, but factory bumper is same on regular F150s.

IMG_20170204_080242138_HDR_zpsqrsyoxwy.jpg

IMG_20170204_080238684_HDR01_zpsh8u3mjqq.jpg