Hit a pole, no cruise control.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BonesRaptor

Reaction score
2020 802A. Hit a pole sliding down a driveway, and it took out my adaptive cruise control thing. (the black module that lives behind drivers side front bumper) I removed the broken sensor, but I’m still not able to use any type of cruise control, and I’m also not able to turn off adaptive in the settings. Any tips how to get just normal cruise control back? I plan on going with and aftermarket bumper so im thinking of ditching the addaptive cruise control anyways.

Alysium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you plug the broken sensor back and try disabling ACC?

sometimes you can still access options on a module that is detected broken vs a module/sensor that is missing or unplugged.

Small Town Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^^not necessarily. Even when the sensor is plugged in, if the system detects any kind of fault (sensor misalignment, blocked etc), it will grey out the ability to switch to normal cruise control. The Op will need to get it fixed

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
happen to me.nothing was working as cruise control
change sensor and had recalibrated by Ford

Mmm

Reaction score
I had the same issue. From what I understand you can’t just plug a new sensor in. Apparently it has to be programmed for your truck. Then aligned properly and calibrated. Ford actually covered it after I threw a big fit at the dealership. I tried everything I could to program it out to get normal cruise back but nothing worked. Good luck with yours.

Dr Racecraft

I’ma need about 3.50
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^^^not necessarily. Even when the sensor is plugged in, if the system detects any kind of fault (sensor misalignment, blocked etc), it will grey out the ability to switch to normal cruise control. The Op will need to get it fixed
Huh, interesting, Even if you are in park you can’t go to the far right screen and advanced settings and change to nml cruise?

OP
OP
B

BonesRaptor

Reaction score
I had the same issue. From what I understand you can’t just plug a new sensor in. Apparently it has to be programmed for your truck. Then aligned properly and calibrated. Ford actually covered it after I threw a big fit at the dealership. I tried everything I could to program it out to get normal cruise back but nothing worked. Good luck with yours.
Well that’s not good. My dealership doesn’t exactly have intelligent people either. They didn’t know what model my truck was last time I took it in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts