Hillbillie Ranch - Jerseyville IL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
the_revisionist

the_revisionist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can tell you were haulin' ass in the video. Defiantly looking forward to trying that place ASAP. I feel like going with buddies would be a lot more pleasant if they were in trucks or even full sized jeeps over ATV/UTVs because that's kinda cheating, haha!

It's sorda like owning a lambo and some jack-ass comes flying past you on a 10k crotch rocket thinking they are better than you lol

I’m thinking of organizing a meet-up for June, probably mid June. Would be cool to get other trucks there and meet some new people.

It felt fast lol, determined to beat my time from last time.

And I totally agree, it’s a lot more fun when you have buddies in the same vehicle type. Also fun helping each other out and getting over challenging parts of trails etc. The RZR made everything look easy.

The place is awesome though, hoping we can get a few people down there for the day. Even better if we can get some cool footage of it all.

Leftsidej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hell yeah man! Like I said I'd love to come make a weekend trip out of it. Hit that Hillbilly place on Saturday and Maybe St.Joe's on Sunday. Would be a long trip for me just to come down one day and drive back the same night.

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
July.....

The misses and I are in Ireland in June.

Plan your event around me!!!!!!!

Just kidding

Not kidding.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
the_revisionist

the_revisionist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
July.....

The misses and I are in Ireland in June.

Plan your event around me!!!!!!!

Just kidding

Not kidding.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope you enjoy Ireland dude! Never been but grew up in England, probably isn’t that different! Perhaps we could do a meetup in June AND July, hmm...

OP
OP
the_revisionist

the_revisionist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hell yeah man! Like I said I'd love to come make a weekend trip out of it. Hit that Hillbilly place on Saturday and Maybe St.Joe's on Sunday. Would be a long trip for me just to come down one day and drive back the same night.

That sounds pretty awesome. Would be fun to camp there too, hang out and have some food. and hit St Joe the next day. Skidding around in the sand is fun too and St Joe is only $5 to get in so well worth it.

Leftsidej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds pretty awesome. Would be fun to camp there too, hang out and have some food. and hit St Joe the next day. Skidding around in the sand is fun too and St Joe is only $5 to get in so well worth it.

Might have missed it in your above post, can you camp at the Hillbilly location? That does sound like a good time! How much was Hillbill?

OP
OP
the_revisionist

the_revisionist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might have missed it in your above post, can you camp at the Hillbilly location? That does sound like a good time! How much was Hillbill?

$20 for Hillbillie for the day - not sure if that’s per vehicle or per person but i’ll find out. They accept card there too so it’s not just a cash only place.

They have camping there too but I haven’t used it. Will do some research on that end too. Failing that, St Joe has some legit camping available so that’s an option too, maybe a better one if we’re all heading that way anyway.

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are stoked! Thank you!

I am completely joking. I will try to make whatever you fine gents put together, whenever. This pavement princess needs to get dirty.

N0MAD

Reaction score
I’m thinking of organizing a meet-up for June, probably mid June. Would be cool to get other trucks there and meet some new people.

It felt fast lol, determined to beat my time from last time.

And I totally agree, it’s a lot more fun when you have buddies in the same vehicle type. Also fun helping each other out and getting over challenging parts of trails etc. The RZR made everything look easy.

The place is awesome though, hoping we can get a few people down there for the day. Even better if we can get some cool footage of it all.

June or July would work for me. As mentioned, I would mostly likely have to camp Saturday night because of the drive.

Thinking about updating the thread as it gets closer or maybe creating a Facebook Messenger group?

Also have a local Raptor buddy that may be interested in tagging along if this happens.

Stroked!

OP
OP
the_revisionist

the_revisionist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
June or July would work for me. As mentioned, I would mostly likely have to camp Saturday night because of the drive.

Thinking about updating the thread as it gets closer or maybe creating a Facebook Messenger group?

Also have a local Raptor buddy that may be interested in tagging along if this happens.

Stroked!

awesome! Camping for sure, i'll do some research and start a new thread in the upcoming expeditions thread. The more people the better.

Got a few more videos:

1st is my buddies lap of the field @ Hillbillie in the RZR. He bottoms out HARD @ 1:49 lol.
2nd is us doing one of the trails at Hillbillie.
3rd is of me last time I went to St. Joe, which would be cool to hit the second day of the trip. It's a large expanse of sand flats, lots of skidding around and going fast potential.

RZR lap:

Hillbillie Trails:

St. Joe hoonage: