Hillbillie Ranch - Jerseyville IL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious to see how many people would be down if I organized a meet up in June / July. Guys that are travelling from afar could camp there as they have camping available I believe.

There's also St. Joe if you guys wanted to go on the sand as well, it's not that far from Hillbillie Ranch.

I'm down, and my buddy would bring his RZR and Jeep. Plus probably another couple of friends, one with an F150 and another guy with a Jeep.

Who else would be down?
I would be all over that. I’m up the road in Rochester MN and that would be a great weekend with my oldest!

In the words of Emperor Palpatine “Do it!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leftsidej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious to see how many people would be down if I organized a meet up in June / July. Guys that are travelling from afar could camp there as they have camping available I believe.

There's also St. Joe if you guys wanted to go on the sand as well, it's not that far from Hillbillie Ranch.

I'm down, and my buddy would bring his RZR and Jeep. Plus probably another couple of friends, one with an F150 and another guy with a Jeep.

Who else would be down?

Revision, did you ever check out that other place you mentioned in your region thread that is pretty close to hillbillie?

OP
OP
the_revisionist

the_revisionist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Revision, did you ever check out that other place you mentioned in your region thread that is pretty close to hillbillie?

Moonlight? I did not - read some reviews of it and found some videos, seemingly the place isn't well kept or signposted, the trails are all very tight, and some of the "easy" trails can actually be pretty tough. Not too keen on getting stuck in a tight trail and tearing up my truck, so figured I'd give it a miss. May go there at some point but opinions seem mixed on it. Looks like it may be catered more towards ATVs / UTVs, rather than trucks like ours.

Leftsidej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Moonlight? I did not - read some reviews of it and found some videos, seemingly the place isn't well kept or signposted, the trails are all very tight, and some of the "easy" trails can actually be pretty tough. Not too keen on getting stuck in a tight trail and tearing up my truck, so figured I'd give it a miss. May go there at some point but opinions seem mixed on it. Looks like it may be catered more towards ATVs / UTVs, rather than trucks like ours.

Gotcha! Good information. Yeah I couldn’t agree more about not tearing the hell out of my truck, I like open spaces and don’t want to worry about my side mirrors ending up in the bed of the truck.

OP
OP
the_revisionist

the_revisionist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha! Good information. Yeah I couldn’t agree more about not tearing the hell out of my truck, I like open spaces and don’t want to worry about my side mirrors ending up in the bed of the truck.

That's one reason I liked Hillbillie so much, most of the place was wide enough to fit the Raptor (and tighter trails had a lot of space beforehand to turn around or take an alternative route), and had a bit of everything - trails, open areas, mud, fast bits, slow bits, creek crossings, steep slopes, etc etc. There were areas we didn't even get to explore (the big mud pit, an area with jumps etc) as my buddies RZR had a slow puncture which stopped the fun for the day as we didn't have an air pump or a spare for it.

OP
OP
the_revisionist

the_revisionist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a little video of my first lap attempt of the field, definitely felt faster in person! I got more bold as time went on, especially on the back straight. We also recorded our best lap times so we can try to beat them next time. I'll have a video up of my friends RZR lap later too.

Leftsidej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a little video of my first lap attempt of the field, definitely felt faster in person! I got more bold as time went on, especially on the back straight. We also recorded our best lap times so we can try to beat them next time. I'll have a video up of my friends RZR lap later too.

That looks like a blast!!!!! Awesome video. You need to get your friend to sell his Tundra and Rzr and buy a raptor ;)

OP
OP
the_revisionist

the_revisionist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks like a blast!!!!! Awesome video. You need to get your friend to sell his Tundra and Rzr and buy a raptor ;)

Thanks! And there’s no chance of that lol - the Tundra belongs to his dad I think, he owns a pretty sorted Wrangler but it sucks to tow with. He did say he wanted a Raptor but a Gen 1, so who knows, maybe!

Leftsidej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! And there’s no chance of that lol - the Tundra belongs to his dad I think, he owns a pretty sorted Wrangler but it sucks to tow with. He did say he wanted a Raptor but a Gen 1, so who knows, maybe!

You can tell you were haulin' ass in the video. Defiantly looking forward to trying that place ASAP. I feel like going with buddies would be a lot more pleasant if they were in trucks or even full sized jeeps over ATV/UTVs because that's kinda cheating, haha!

It's sorda like owning a lambo and some jack-ass comes flying past you on a 10k crotch rocket thinking they are better than you lol