hill descent fault, service advancetrac, and no offroad mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had issue with like that after Whipple install. i was electrical connector to throttlebody. Hill decent fault , advance track
That's crazy, I wouldn't think those would be related, but then the third brake light causing a lot of these issues doesn't make sense either. But with all the electronics tied together, pretty much any connector could be suspect...

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When there is no code present, what's a guy to do, start checking every connector and wire, man that is time consuming, there has to be just one harness that affects this to narrow it down.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At a certain point you just lift the harness out of the truck and inspect the whole thing. It isn't as crazy as it sounds, the engine harnesses can be removed in about an hour. Everything goes back together easily. Each of the harnesses is dedicated to a specific region of the truck. The interior one is a handful though, would leave it alone. If you have to do a repair it is much easier with the harness on a bench than in the truck so it pays off.

Get yourself a bag of these so you can fix all the broken ones that will be in the OEM harness https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CBNZTNB/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Rather than shotgunning sensors, why not pull out a DVOM and test them?

FordFanStan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently had a similar issue on my Gen1. My SCT would not read a code, but when I plugged in a dedicated automotive scan tool I had a bad wheel speed sensor code. Ended up going through wiring, replacing sensor, and then finally replaced the hub which corrected the issue. Hope it helps.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you are still fighting with this send me a text, we can schedule a time to meet up and I will pull freeze frames and codes.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you get this fixed yet? @The Car Stereo Company curious what the culprit was.
not yet. i put it on hold. got stuff going on
If you are still fighting with this send me a text, we can schedule a time to meet up and I will pull freeze frames and codes.
thanks. i have my scanner that gives me all the codes. but the codes disappear when the truck is turned off. its intermittent and does not store the codes after a key cycle.