GEN 1 Hill Descent Control Fault / Service AdvanceTrac

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FNG in FL duhhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, will have it checked out. Dealer we bought it from is going to take a look and fix it when the new shocks I worked into the sale arrives. They stated they will fix it due to it doing it the day after we got the truck.

hey bud wondering if you ever got this fixed and if so what was the outcome? Thanks

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@FordTechOne where is the steering wheel sensor? my fault code says steering wheel sensor. so im going to replace it...... if i knew where it was....

What is the DTC? There are various DTCs that can set, not all steering rotation sensor DTCs indicate a faulty steering wheel rotation sensor. Some DTCs indicate a correlation error, others can be due to a circuit fault.

The steering wheel rotation sensor mounts to the Steering Column Control Module (SCCM). Accessing it requires removing the airbag, steering wheel, and clock spring.

FNG in FL duhhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So to clarify, you measured the circumference (not diameter) of each tire using a tailor's tape and they were all identical?

I just got back from out of town and want to check the tire circumferences as Fordtechone suggested. I haven’t had any luck finding a tailors tape big enough to go around the tires. Any suggestions where to find one suitable? Thanks again.