HiLift Jack Bed Rail Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

602Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just getting around to posting pics of the mounts I made for my HiLift. I'll be first to say that there are better options for changing a tire on our trucks then the HiLift, but I like them and they are handy to have for other things. I bought a 60" HiLift Extreme on sale on Amazon for $85 and wanted a strong mount that required minimal drilling. It seemed to make the most sense to me to reuse the cargo hold points and they were already reinforced for use with tie downs.

For materials, I bought 3' of 3" wide 1/8" steel and used clamps, a vise, and a large crescent wrench to make the bend. I have a Bak Flip and these mounts fit perfectly under the rails so the jack stays hidden. These mounts are insanely strong and I can easily stand on the jack and it does not move. I will be further customizing these mounts to include a shovel and an axe when time permits.

Here are the pics. Let me know if you need more or have questions.

HL1.jpg

HL2.jpg

HL3.jpg

Last edited:

justthebest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you re-use the hardware for the tie-downs, or replace / upgrade any of it? And what type of reinforcement is behind there?

Thanks

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you re-use the hardware for the tie-downs, or replace / upgrade any of it? And what type of reinforcement is behind there?

Thanks

He upgraded the hardware, these tie downs normally have black torqs screws. He most likely bought longer bolts. There's a small backer plate with nuts attached to it (visible behind the rear well well). I believe they have an 800lbs load rating. Hope this helps.

justthebest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He upgraded the hardware, these tie downs normally have black torqs screws. He most likely bought longer bolts. There's a small backer plate with nuts attached to it (visible behind the rear well well). I believe they have an 800lbs load rating. Hope this helps.

It does - thanks!

Zeke555

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very nice idea. I might have to build this, for other things to be mounted on, but with another piece running from the front one to the back one since I getting an XRD rack is not going to happen anytime soon.

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow the best mount I've seen by far, and the fact shovels can be mounted too is awesome!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
602Raptor

602Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments! These mounts could be used for a million things. I "HAD" to have a hi-lift because every real 4x4 has a hi-lift right? So I bought the hi-lift Extreme :) I also plan to do a cross bar when time permits for an axe / shovel.

Yes, I purchased new bolts and reused the backer plate with the attached nuts. Super simple.

I wish somebody would steal my idea and make some bad ass dimple die'd brackets. Mine are pretty boring looking, due to my lack of metal forming tools or a welder.

Last edited:

Zeke555

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Finished mine today. Next step is to look at "mesh panelling" or something similar to run between the front and rear mounts so I can mount molle pouches, fuel hose holder for Scepter fuel cans, etc. Great idea and pictures @602Raptor.