Highly Modified 2014 Gen 1 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cplreyes

Reaction score
It just needs a good wash, then it’ll look like mine. An incorrect installed supercharger will let you know right away. Also, the engine will either accept or reject a supercharger early on. After installing and maintaining my own supercharger, my suggestion is to monitor the reservoir and maybe change the belt. Also, if it’s a whipple and they warranty it, I would ensure that it’s running their stock tune. They usually run a conservative tune for longevity.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Engine work? I put in a supercharger myself In my challenger. It’s been four years and running great! Oil pump? Supercharger don’t kill engines. That’s a myth. Worst case scenario, it shortens the life of an engine. We’re talking wayyyyy down the road. Maybe it goes 200,000 miles instead of 300k. That being said, running any car hard without modifications will shorten the life of an engine.
That is completely incorrect. When you add forced induction to an engine not designed for it you introduce a multitude of failure modes. That includes pre-ignition, detonation, overheating, head gasket failure, connecting rod failure, cracked piston ring lands, oil pump failure, the list goes on.

Your one-off example of your challenger is irrelevant. It’s irresponsible and downright ridiculous to make claims that F/I can’t damage an engine, it’s not at all uncommon to see failures when F/I is added to an N/A engine regardless of engine type or brand.

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is completely incorrect. When you add forced induction to an engine not designed for it you introduce a multitude of failure modes. That includes pre-ignition, detonation, overheating, head gasket failure, connecting rod failure, cracked piston ring lands, oil pump failure, the list goes on.

Your one-off example of your challenger is irrelevant. It’s irresponsible and downright ridiculous to make claims that F/I can’t damage an engine, it’s not at all uncommon to see failures when F/I is added to an N/A engine regardless of engine type or brand.
Yep I agree on this one. I cant tell you how many times I have seen people mod up there diesel trucks with more boost and they fail miserably and those were even designed for boost. Point is every engine has its limitations and if someone is to add 150 extra HP ya better strengthen it internally or baby it.. For me on my NA 6.2, all I need is a professional tune and Long Tube Headers exhaust system and I will have a pretty good HP gain without loosing the reliability that I Love

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's already modded. It's already ruinning, and had been for tens of thosands of miles. Get off the horse.

BUT IT'S A TIMEBOMB!!!! they say....

Enjoy your S/C V8 and quit worrying about the predictions of doom.

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's already modded. It's already ruinning, and had been for tens of thosands of miles. Get off the horse.

BUT IT'S A TIMEBOMB!!!! they say....

Enjoy your S/C V8 and quit worrying about the predictions of doom.
I also agree with this. In short, every engine is a time bomb. How a person maintains it and drives it is key. Enjoy what ya got. Raptors are bad ass trucks

OP
OP
D

decodo

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok so I just ordered and put on GTR carbide headlights and a classic torino talladega i have eyeing is supposedly coming up for sale soon. I much rather let this go and add on to the cash to buy that... Its a great truck but definitely not my style... First ever truck bought probably will be the last:D Took pictures and will post here before BAT auction.

castine917

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I just ordered and put on GTR carbide headlights and a classic torino talladega i have eyeing is supposedly coming up for sale soon. I much rather let this go and add on to the cash to buy that... Its a great truck but definitely not my style... First ever truck bought probably will be the last:D Took pictures and will post here before BAT auction.
I'm confused. Your initial post was barely a month ago. How often do you get to enjoy that Torino? How much do you already hate this Raptor?

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some people change cars like they do their underwear.

Seems to me like a great way to **** away moeny in sales taxes, but to each their own.

OP
OP
D

decodo

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im definitely not a truck person, live and learn… and that sales tax ^^ is very true.. it’s nothing but a waste unfortunately but life is short..

At this point il take a fair $ on here if someone wants it and cut my losses and get something I desire more:) this is the forum for enthusiasts, and it better of belonging to someone who wants it!