Highly Modified 2014 Gen 1 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Supercharger does not look that pretty:) no fancy emblems or anything…

0 off-roading will be done… will try to keep it as clean as possible!

Thanks dudebrodude
With no offroading at all, you probably don't need to modify anything outside of maintaining the stock suspension. The shocks would probably benefit from a rebuild just because of age.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've owned two ecoBoost F150's and one 6.2 Raptor, and yes I'm bias toward the 6.2 for reasons I don't care to discuss here. The OP said no off road it's a pavement princess show pony so no need to beef up internals. There are literally hundredes of thousands of 6.2's with 200K-400k miles still on the road. Your bias for the little motor with cam phaser problems out the *****, that in reality is a head design flaw to expensive to fix properly so ford keeps the band-aid box open if you follow their rules. This will more than likely be addressed in the next gen 3.5 as the 2.7 ecoBoost does not have the problem with the cam phasers.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've owned two ecoBoost F150's and one 6.2 Raptor, and yes I'm bias toward the 6.2 for reasons I don't care to discuss here. The OP said no off road it's a pavement princess show pony so no need to beef up internals. There are literally hundredes of thousands of 6.2's with 200K-400k miles still on the road.
Good, because nobody wants to hear your baseless claims on an engine unrelated to the one in the Gen 2/3 Raptor. The topic is about OPs Gen 1, but you’re so insecure that you immediately start talking about EcoBoost engines as if they have anything to do with this discussion. It’s pathetic.

Hundreds of thousands of stock 6.2s are not at all relevant to the discussion. Factory reliability no longer applies when you install aftermarket forced induction that the engine was never design for. All it takes is a hard shift or wheel hop and the stock oil pump can fail catastrophically.

Your bias for the little motor with cam phaser problems out the *****, that in reality is a head design flaw to expensive to fix properly so ford keeps the band-aid box open if you follow their rules. This will more than likely be addressed in the next gen 3.5 as the 2.7 ecoBoost does not have the problem with the cam phasers.
Your lack of knowledge is “out the w a z o o”.

There is no head design flaw with the 3.5, stop regurgitating the nonsense you pick up on from trolling the Gen 2 forums. The phaser noise issue was fixed 3 years ago, but don’t let the facts get in the way of your mindless rant. Not that you even know how VCT works in the first place, you’re a clueless babbling fanboy.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No need to argue for these petty things... Nobody here is benefiting from comments, its out of goodwill you guys are chiming in. Appreciate it and every suggestion is duly noted
Unfortunately there’s a pattern of certain individuals who become extremely defensive when reality doesn’t align with their perception or understanding. These people can be easily identified because their immediate defense mechanism is to bring up newer models that make them feel insecure.

Back to your truck, even if you’re just going to run truck on the street, the oil pump upgrade is well worth the cost compared with a new engine. To be clear, there is nothing wrong with the OE pump or it’s design. The issue is caused by shock loading on the crankshaft as a result of the load the supercharger drive exerts on the crank.

Another issue to be aware of is valve spring failure; it’s are not common in general, but the consequences are typically catastrophic. They tend to fail at higher mileage (100k+), and the added heat transfer from the combustion chamber to the cylinder head due to the increased combustion temperatures certainly won’t help. The coolant jacket was never intended to dissipate the heat of developing 200HP more than stock.

In regards to the rotating assembly, it’s robust in factory form, but was never designed for the massive cylinder pressures that F/I can generate, especially at low RPM. At that point the weak point becomes the connecting rods.

Piston and combustion chamber design is also unique for F/I applications. There is a huge difference in air flow characteristics, scavenging, and atomization between an N/A and F/I engine.

If your truck is just a weekend toy, it will probably be fine with just the oil pump
upgrade. But if you’re running it hard, it will eventually fail. And certainly don’t tow with it, that’s asking for disaster.