GEN 2 Highest mileage Gen 2, Who has it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HuffRanch

Reaction score
I’m at 112k on my 2018. Phasers done at 48k, 75k and now rattling again. Warranty is up at 125k so I’ll try and have them done one last time before I sell next year. Other than this damn phaser issue I love the truck.

Sharpie69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2017 screw with 102k on it now, the engine and drive train have been awsome, never had to do phasers(knocking on wood). Had had my share of other knit picky problems, but like most on here, wouldn't trade it for the world. Love the Raptor!!

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2017 screw with 102k on it now, the engine and drive train have been awsome, never had to do phasers(knocking on wood). Had had my share of other knit picky problems, but like most on here, wouldn't trade it for the world. Love the Raptor!!
Wow what’s your secret on the phasers

uppitycitizen

Reaction score
122k miles on 2017 scab. Scheduled to get the phasers done for the first time whenever the parts come in. Also getting a crazy metellaic noise on cold start that may or may not be a spot weld on the exhaust system somewhere OR something with the turbos. The dealer wasn't sure. Tried to keep driving it but had a loss of power with the wrench icon while driving on the highway so now it's parked. It's too bad because I love the truck, but my commute is a 320 mile round trip through sparsely populated areas with poor weather in the winter. Reliability is important to me. With the way interest rates are and the prices starting to come down on used vehicles, not sure if it's worth it to sell. I don't really know what to do...

Sharpie69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
122k miles on 2017 scab. Scheduled to get the phasers done for the first time whenever the parts come in. Also getting a crazy metellaic noise on cold start that may or may not be a spot weld on the exhaust system somewhere OR something with the turbos. The dealer wasn't sure. Tried to keep driving it but had a loss of power with the wrench icon while driving on the highway so now it's parked. It's too bad because I love the truck, but my commute is a 320 mile round trip through sparsely populated areas with poor weather in the winter. Reliability is important to me. With the way interest rates are and the prices starting to come down on used vehicles, not sure if it's worth it to sell. I don't really know what to do...
I have noticed fairly recently that metalic Rattle, I'm thinking that it's the waste gates, 103K now

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how have you avoided phasers until now? my guess is with that kind of commute you dont have that many on/off cycles that wear the phaser/pin?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you have the wastegate rattle noise TSB completed? The TSB is 20-2016; it applies to 2017 models.