GEN 2 Highest mileage Gen 2, Who has it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A bit over 90k now, have cam phaser rattle, but everything else is good. I have a 22 on order, no idea if it will ever show up.
I will roll 112k by the days end. All I have is the rattle as well. I want to trade it in on a CO 37 so I have put off the spark plug change and new shocks on my 2018image.jpg

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still averaging great mileage. That motor seems sound to me.
Yes, it is. The whole drivetrain is sound. Never had an issue with my plastic oil pan neither. Uses about a 1/2 qt of oil every 5k and I add a qt of Lucas oil treatment each oil change to keep the cam chatter at bay. But that’s it.

Misfit_1122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bout to hit 100k and don't currently have a Catch Can setup? Any of your high mileage guys out there running them or not running them. Just looking to see if it's really that necessary. I want it to last as long as possible but I also have a lifetime power train warranty.... That being said what's the general concensus?

OP
OP
GCATX

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Bout to hit 100k and don't currently have a Catch Can setup? Any of your high mileage guys out there running them or not running them. Just looking to see if it's really that necessary. I want it to last as long as possible but I also have a lifetime power train warranty.... That being said what's the general concensus?

Sold my '18 with a bit over 100k miles, never ran a catch can. Ran like new when I got the phasers replaced.