Higher or Lower? need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello all, This past weekend I installed a full set of 2017 shocks on my 2012 SCREW using my 2012 springs up front. all works just fine and the ride quality is dreamy over my worn gen1 shocks. All in all I am in love with setup...... My question starts with a background, When removing my gen1 front shocks I had a 1" spacer that goes on top of hat to level truck... I transferred this setup to new shock thinking it should do the same thing (level truck)... It did not... It is now 1 inch higher in front than in rear. Question!!!
Leave front and raise ass end to match....OR......remove front spacer??? The reason I am asking is because I know I already got a little lift from the shocks, I know i will have to limit the front control arms for serious off roading, what i am not sure of is if it is better to be higher or lower in the raptor.... I know we are only talking 1" diff but on the look of the truck is seems significant.... Thoughts guys???

Thanks in advance!

KCM

Reaction score
Definitely get that front spacer out of there. Your already loosing travel compressing the front shocks to fit. It will ride way better without a spacer lift

OP
OP
Kenny Norsworthy
Reaction score
****!!!!! i knew this was gunna be the answer! LMAO...... only reason it ****** me off is because i cut the perfectly good studs off of my brand new hats to use the dam spacer.... Just ordered the new hats from TaskaParts....... LOL.....

KENNEDY Ridley

Reaction score
Your truck looks great not to high, but I definitely agree with the strut already compressed to get them on and the spacer too. Should ride stiff!

Reaction score
Hi , I have a 2011, ordered RPG front kit that is adjustable in half inch increments, works great, goes under the spring collar. I also used Pro Ryder adjustable blocks on rear so I can adjust either end after it all settles out. thanks for the pictures, Scott