High Pressure Gauge and Filler for Bump Stops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a good high pressure gauge and filler for the Fox 2.5" bump stops? I have a large air compressor, but no way of checking or filling the bump stops since they are so small.

The shop that installed them had a gauge, but I did not get the name or model.

Attachments

• IMG_3477.jpg
    IMG_3477.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a good high pressure gauge and filler for the Fox 2.5" bump stops? I have a large air compressor, but no way of checking or filling the bump stops since they are so small.

The shop that installed them had a gauge, but I did not get the name or model.

You need to purchase yourself the same fill chuck they use for charging shocks, no lose 556 schrader chuck with 300psi gauge. RPG makes a nice one.

https://www.rpgoffroad.com/product/air-control-valve-assembly/

or buy the pieces and make it yourself.

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They should also be filled with nitrogen. Not shop air

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know why they fill tires with nitrogen, but why does it matter with a steel shock?

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because air is not an ideal gas, so it expands/contracts and also could contain moisture which adds to that effect.

An ideal gas ensures a constant bump stop pressure so you dont get wild pressure swings (some climates see 50-60 degree temp changes during a trip so you can imagine what that does to pressure).

CO2 is a suitable alternative to N2,

RPGs gauge is perfect, highly recommended.

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score