High pitched whine from stereo, like alternator noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am hearing a high pitched whine over the speakers (at least I am pretty sure that is where it is coming from). Even when the radio is off. It is faint, but does vary with acceleration and is most noticeable around 2k RPM. I know what turbo noise sounds like, and this is not that. I have done many stereo installs in the past, it is sounds exactly like alternator whine from a poorly grounded set up.
It has been doing it for some time and is starting to bother me. I asked my wife the other day, and she can hear it as well.
No mods to the truck, except some Rigid lighting additions. No change when I turn them on or off though.
Any thoughts?
Going to have the dealer listen to it when I take it in for the exhaust rattle.
Thanks.

OP
OP
Syberspace

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the transmission... I unplugged the amp and when I had the door open, it sounded louder. It is clearly louder and coming from under the truck.
Seems this is a "normal" noise and no fix from ford. Read a bunch of threads on it... sucks.

Last edited: