High Miles? Buy or Pass?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lightning_Lad

Reaction score
To the OP, welcome to the Raptor forums.
$33k out the door isn’t terrible but far better deals can be had right now.
2013 with 100k+ miles I would check KBB & NADA bottom book trade in value.
Dealers usually pay less.

Keep looking and good hunting!

Panaraptor

Reaction score
It’s funny how expensive these trucks are in the USA. Back in 2017 I bought a 2012 with 30k miles for $25,000. One owner, like new. But I’m in Panama. I was actually in the market for a used Toyota Hilux diésel, but those are more expensive than American trucks here. No one wants the big gas V8s here. Lucky for me I guess! Amazing truck BTW, totally recommend. Only mods I did: mid perch, raptor liner on flares and rear wheel wells, 5 star tune. The truck already had roush cat back and k&n cold air. I’ve put 25k miles on her so far. The only problems I’ve had: oxygen sensor failure. After replacing all sensors I finally figured out it was a grounding issue....wire was rubbing on exhaust. This year I replaced all my coils...only two were failing, but I replaced them all. And finally front wheel bearings and ball joints and brake rotors/pads. I didn’t have to replace most of this stuff but I like the truck so much I can’t help myself.

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is is crew cab or supercab? crewcabs are a little more expensive. but $33k out the door after all fees isnt bad. i have 180k miles on my gen 2014 and its showing no signs of mechanical issues that i have not caused

Reaction score
That seems really high to me. Mileage isn’t bad but would think 27k to be good/reasonable. Maybe I am wrong, but when you could possibly get a new gen2 for 10k off msrp... If you are deadset in gen 1 I would still try to talk them down or look for another. We have some members I feel like have gen 1 with 120k miles selling for 23K with king shocks and other nice enhancements. I would probably go for that before the 33k. Especially in times like this. Motor is pretty strong and reliable though.
I noticed you have a CTR in your profile pic. I’m on the fence about buying a first gen raptor. But if you had to choose to daily the raptor or the CTR,which would you choose and you had to sell the other. I have a CTR.