High mileage sc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor Z

Reaction score
I have a 2011 6.2 and looking to install a Whipple kit from JDM along with kooks headers and full true dual exhaust kit. I have 120000 miles on my truck, bought it from my dad, the original owner. It’s never been driven off road, and well maintained by the ford dealership. Runs like a dream, no problems. My question is, will the sc hurt an engine with that many miles? And do I need to replace any parts first?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not going to say no but there are quite a few who have high mileage with a SC.
My only real concern would be the oil pump gears, I would upgrade that.
Many do not upgrade the oil pump gears but there not on the top of the HP range.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have a compression test done on all the cylinders , if they have good numbers and pretty much equal installing a Super charger should not be a problem .

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only things I have every had and concern for on these 6.2 engines are oil pump gears and valve springs.
The gears are a pain in the ass to do, but not terribly expensive.

That said, I am 117k on the stock parts, with zero issues...lol