High mileage owners please check in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
I did a coolant system flush last summer and have change oil way more often than needed. Other than a rear window slide switch no problems. Need to replace tires just due to age but they still look like new (no cracking or signs of dry rot). With the latest increase in tire prices looks like I'll be waiting till this crazy inflation/Russian crap settles down.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did a coolant system flush last summer and have change oil way more often than needed. Other than a rear window slide switch no problems. Need to replace tires just due to age but they still look like new (no cracking or signs of dry rot). With the latest increase in tire prices looks like I'll be waiting till this crazy inflation/Russian crap settles down.
Keep the original tires on it as long as possible, worth more, I still have 2 original tires.

Aboshi

Reaction score
New to me 2013 243,200 (now 244,500)
First owner used it as his fleet vehicle.
Second owner used on a horse farm.
Me: NYC driving, hitting all the local skate parks, off-road on the beach to hit some good surf spots, and hitting the mountains to snowboard.

Bought it with all 4 shocks totally shot.
Passenger lower ball joint was done for and rear pinion seal leaking.

Replaced the rear shocks with 3.0s
Had front shocks rebuilt
Replaced PCV valve (doubt it was ever done)
It’s in the shop now to have both lower ball joints replaced, and the rear pinion seal. Radiator cap weeps so I’m replacing it with a 19lb cap.
Added an oil catch can to stop milky oil cap when taking short trips and not allowing the moisture to burn off.
Rusted cab corner (I’ll be taking care of soon) Other then that, runs like a beast and the interior is super clean, no rips tares or fading of any kind.
Original owner put over 42k miles a year on it, and second owner around 14k a year. I doubt I’ll put more then 5-6k on a year

Did I mention nearly a quarter of a million miles on the raptor!
Hopefully I can get some 5.7 Tundra miles out of it.

Last edited:

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm about to turn over to 30,000 miles. I've put a little over 8,000 miles on mine since I bought it September 2021. I'll be keeping this truck for the long haul. I've been pretty meticulous with maintenance on all my vehicles. I use mine as a daily driver, so I'm hoping I can get all the miles I can out of it.

It's amazing that Raptors are getting such high mileage. It's a testament to how ridiculously over-engineered these trucks are. Putting a heavy-duty motor in a light truck was a good call.

FineLineMtrSprt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Havent checked in for YEARS but back to thinking about getting a Raptor....good to see some with high miles still living. I know about the timing chain issues with the 3v 5.4 but i'll admit, that possible oil pump killing the 6.2's worries me a bit lol.
Oh well maybe I'll trade my 25k mile 06 TBSS for one.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Havent checked in for YEARS but back to thinking about getting a Raptor....good to see some with high miles still living. I know about the timing chain issues with the 3v 5.4 but i'll admit, that possible oil pump killing the 6.2's worries me a bit lol.
Oh well maybe I'll trade my 25k mile 06 TBSS for one.
Seems to be possible rocker or valve spring failure on a very slim few owners with high mileage, not too common. These boat anchor 6.2's were built tough by Ford for the Raptor.