High mileage owners please check in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevenstommyboy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Havent checked in for YEARS but back to thinking about getting a Raptor....good to see some with high miles still living. I know about the timing chain issues with the 3v 5.4 but i'll admit, that possible oil pump killing the 6.2's worries me a bit lol.
Oh well maybe I'll trade my 25k mile 06 TBSS for one.
My wife’s 5.4 Raptor is at 142k and strong as ever. Do not let the issues others have keep you away. 6.2 is preferred but 5.4 Raptor is still a Raptor.

FineLineMtrSprt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife’s 5.4 Raptor is at 142k and strong as ever. Do not let the issues others have keep you away. 6.2 is preferred but 5.4 Raptor is still a Raptor.
Only thing keeping me away at the moment is price of trucks lol...hard to swallow paying 25-30k for a truck with 100k miles or more. But it is what it is as im not one for mainstream vehicles or leaving vehicles stock. I work in the vehicle maint/repair industry and in the last 25 years I've had like 20+ vehicles so short of rebuilding engines/trans' im not afraid of some normal repairs lol.

MReid

Reaction score
Airborne within 10mins of leaving the dealership.

I have never driven a vehicle harder than this one without any serious issues. 2014 94k miles SCREW. Purchased with 37k miles April 2019, Installed Geiser springs within a month. Added BBK intake and throttle body. Nothing but normal ,spark plugs, breaks, oil changes, maintenance for the next 60k excluding shocks and drivetrain, so I guess not entirely normal.

In February this year I Sent it off some rail road tracks at 40mph while my boss was texting in the passenger seat (surprise, his face was priceless), barely touched the bottom otherwise perfect landing. I told him, "Your in a Raptor, stop being such a ..." in April I couldn't resist a solo trip on unmaintained mountain roads which I had set way points for about 2 yrs ago. I almost turned back multiple times as the 3000' decent the to the Columbia River slowly turned into a goat trail. Averaged 6 mph for 2.5hrs. This trip was worth it.

My suspension was sufficiently toast and required replacement/upgraded parts. By the end of April I replaced the shocks with rebuilds from TSW, added Camburg upper control arms with uniballs, then installed Icon +3 rear leaf springs. Stage one of my plans were compete. The truck had NEVER handled this well.

I had been planning a few other upgrades and maintenance items in preparation for summer trips to discover new wide open lands and remote wilderness.

Two weeks ago my 2yr old twins were in the Raptor while I was working on something outside. They pretty much tossed it like a drill sergeant tosses a rack. I cleaned every thing up and didn't think much of it.

On my way to work the next day I though the truck was handling funny but couldn't quite tell, it was pretty wet out. I came to a corner and the pavement dried up as I approached the apex. The rear tires were locked the TC was going off as I hit the locker switch. A loud uncoupling noise came from the rear end.

Over the last week the rear end has begun to howl. i am dropping it off at the shop tomorrow.PNG.jpg

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I have never driven a vehicle harder than this one without any serious issues. 2014 94k miles SCREW. Purchased with 37k miles April 2019, Installed Geiser springs within a month. Added BBK intake and throttle body. Nothing but normal ,spark plugs, breaks, oil changes, maintenance for the next 60k excluding shocks and drivetrain, so I guess not entirely normal.

In February this year I Sent it off some rail road tracks at 40mph while my boss was texting in the passenger seat (surprise, his face was priceless), barely touched the bottom otherwise perfect landing. I told him, "Your in a Raptor, stop being such a ..." in April I couldn't resist a solo trip on unmaintained mountain roads which I had set way points for about 2 yrs ago. I almost turned back multiple times as the 3000' decent the to the Columbia River slowly turned into a goat trail. Averaged 6 mph for 2.5hrs. This trip was worth it.

My suspension was sufficiently toast and required replacement/upgraded parts. By the end of April I replaced the shocks with rebuilds from TSW, added Camburg upper control arms with uniballs, then installed Icon +3 rear leaf springs. Stage one of my plans were compete. The truck had NEVER handled this well.

I had been planning a few other upgrades and maintenance items in preparation for summer trips to discover new wide open lands and remote wilderness.

Two weeks ago my 2yr old twins were in the Raptor while I was working on something outside. They pretty much tossed it like a drill sergeant tosses a rack. I cleaned every thing up and didn't think much of it.

On my way to work the next day I though the truck was handling funny but couldn't quite tell, it was pretty wet out. I came to a corner and the pavement dried up as I approached the apex. The rear tires were locked the TC was going off as I hit the locker switch. A loud uncoupling noise came from the rear end.

Over the last week the rear end has begun to howl. i am dropping it off at the shop tomorrow.View attachment 359958
Awesome first post!

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Over the last week the rear end has begun to howl. i am dropping it off at the shop tomorrow.View attachment 359958
2 year olds will tear up some stuff, but twins, wow!? Hope it’s a easy fix for you. Funny thing is getting fixed would of prevented the twins, lol. Kidding of course.

MReid

Reaction score
2 year olds will tear up some stuff, but twins, wow!? Hope it’s a easy fix for you. Funny thing is getting fixed would of prevented the twins, lol. Kidding of course.
I tell the guys I work with that my babies give absolutely no Fs. The fun part is is that they scream with joy when they see the Raptor and they started making engine revving noises on their own. I credit the Raptor with teaching them that its hilarious.

Got the truck back from the shop, The rear diff is toast they say. My fault for not changing the fluid. I am going to tear it down tonight and see about getting the correct parts installed.

It doesn't feel right cruising around all easy, getting on the freeway with out slowing down to merge.. Raptors are made to be ran wide open.

Attachments

• 20220518_182301.jpg
    20220518_182301.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 24