High Mileage 2013 Terrain Whipple Raptor - Headers & SC Generation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EasyDoesIt

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm Steve from Las Vegas and I'm new to the forum but not to offroading (Tacoma's, Power Wagon, Jeeps). I just picked up a high mileage 2013 Supercrew Raptor (164k miles). I just got home after driving 550 miles from ID so sorry for the dirty pics, I'll be cleaning up the engine bay and underside this week.

20221126_100936.jpg

The previous owner didn't have much info on the go fast parts outside of what's visible. It was used as a work truck of sorts for the owner of a company in Burley Idaho. Things I know and don't know are listed below.

Confirmed by sight or from previous owner:
  • Whipple Supercharger - Unsure on Generation or Tune (no hand held tuner available, prob going JDM after things are sorted)
  • Whipple Twin Fan Heat Exchanger (Spal 11" fans)
  • Innovate PSB-1 Boost Gauge
  • Catless Headers w/single flowmaster - Unsure on header brand - this is my primary reason for posting
  • Unsure on any internal engine mods like Tstat, Oil Pump, or head work.
  • No Codes but I'm hooking up my BT Scanner tonight
  • I'm reading THIS post from @MTF and will follow what he suggests

20221126_101321.jpg

image000000.jpg

The biggest thing I'm trying to figure out are the brand of headers so I can get the mid pipe cats (I'd rather not have an exhaust shop chop up and install random high flow cats). Looking at High flow cats because I live in Las Vegas NV so I don't think I have to worry about CARB compliance. I will be taking it to a shop to get the exhaust reworked after the mid pipe (too much drone right now, maybe the cats will help a little).

20221127_093558.jpg

Thanks for any help, looking forward to hitting the desert but I need to get a few things sorted first.

Steve
Las Vegas NV

Attachments

• 20221127_092928.jpg
    20221127_092928.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congrats!!!

I would just go with a bigger muffler or true dual exhaust exit out the rear bumper.
You have a Tune with the rear O2s turned off I'm assuming or do you have a check engine light on?
There are O2 extenders on the rear O2s.
As far as the type of Whipple, you need to get the serial numbers of the compressor.
To find out if it's a Gen 2, 3 or 4
And then call Whipple and see what they have in their database.
But I can tell you this, that is a Stage II Heat Exchanger and the newer version to boot.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

EasyDoesIt

Reaction score
Congrats!!!

I would just go with a bigger muffler or true dual exhaust exit out the rear bumper.
You have a Tune with the rear O2s turned off I'm assuming or to you have a check engine light on?
There are O2 extenders on the rear O2s.
As far as the type of Whipple, you need to get the serial numbers of the compressor.
To find out if it's a Gen 2, 3 or 4
But I can tell you this, that is a Stage II Heat Exchanger and the newer version to boot.

Thank you for the quick response!

I like the idea of a single muffler assuming theres not a power tradeoff.
Its definitely tuned, I'm waiting on the previous owner to share the contact info of who tuned it, hopefully he still has it.
No CEL.
Good info on the Stage 2!
Sorry for the stupid question, where is the Serial Number on the SC (Top, side, back, inside)?

Any idea on the brand of headers? The PO said they were Stainless but Stainless Works said they aren't there headers (sent them a pic).

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm sorry but I don't have clue where serial number is located. So, it's not a stupid question at all. LOL
A true dual exhaust from the header collectors with x-pipe or cross-over with two mufflers will not have you lose any power.
Take your time and research the exhaust section here on the forum, many opinions that's for sure. LOL

akley88

Reaction score
Thank you for the quick response!

I like the idea of a single muffler assuming theres not a power tradeoff.
Its definitely tuned, I'm waiting on the previous owner to share the contact info of who tuned it, hopefully he still has it.
No CEL.
Good info on the Stage 2!
Sorry for the stupid question, where is the Serial Number on the SC (Top, side, back, inside)?

Any idea on the brand of headers? The PO said they were Stainless but Stainless Works said they aren't there headers (sent them a pic).
the serial number on my whipple is at the back of the blower on the top.

burntoutaccountant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're in the same boat as me. I just bough a 2010 with a whipple on it. No service records really and I have no idea as to the tune or generation of blower. The only thing I've figured out is that it is probably an older generation because the intercooler is smaller than the one they currently use.

OP
OP
E

EasyDoesIt

Reaction score
You're in the same boat as me. I just bough a 2010 with a whipple on it. No service records really and I have no idea as to the tune or generation of blower. The only thing I've figured out is that it is probably an older generation because the intercooler is smaller than the one they currently use.
Smaller Heat Exchanger could just mean a Stage 1. Don't quote me.

Mine is running long tube headers, no cats, and a large flowmaster muffler. Besides the axle wrap, shifting, and rich startup, it rips!

New suspension should be here in January and I hope to get the tune/exhaust sorted early next year.

But damn is it fun to rip around!!

I'm still trying to figure our what brand my headers are...any thoughts?

20221215_154605.jpg20221215_154554.jpg

Last edited: