GEN 2 High Flow Turbo Exhaust Adapter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geoffmp

Reaction score
So to beat this horse til it’s good n dead, I did some measurements based on diameters of the High Flow Turbo Exhaust Adapters comparing the AMS to the SPD (the Mountaintop is similar if not slightly larger diameter compared to the SPD). Measurement is the Internal Diameter.

Stock Area is 21.56 cm2
SPD Area is 27.1 cm2 (increase of just under 26% over stock)
AMS Area is 34.12 cm2 (increase of 58% over stock and just under 26% over the SPD). AMS claims 54.8% larger than stock. My measurement of stock was based on the SPD measurement of stock likely accounting for the small difference.

The SPD’s look a bit “heavier” visually and made of “steel” but the AMS’s are made of 304 stainless steel.
SPD’s run $180-190
AMS’s run $112-130

Prolly gonna run with the AMS’s unless I hear otherwise.

I’ve only got about 2500 miles on my beast. Do you think i need the install kit (runs a bit over 100 bucks) with the
Gaskets, Studs and Nuts?

Thanks.

Hi there! Just wanted to see if you got the AMS adapters? Considering them myself along with the AWE 1 FG. Did you need the install kit after all?

OP
OP
Troutrad

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi there! Just wanted to see if you got the AMS adapters? Considering them myself along with the AWE 1 FG. Did you need the install kit after all?

Got the AMS’s and not the install kit but have yet to get em installed...Sorry, probably can’t help you.