High beam issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoetim_42

Reaction score
I've been having an issue with my gen 1 lately, for some reason when I hit my high beams, only one side works. I have the morimoto headlights so the low beam stays on also, but on that side the low beam turns off also. On my headlights before these, I'd hit my high beams and both lights would just turn off. When I first installed these morimotos both high beams worked, now only one side. Any ideas?

Ellison3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda makes me wonder if there is a issue from the vehicle side since the problem existed before the new headlights were installed. Possibly a short of some kind that intermittently worked upon install of new assemblies.

OP
OP
Tahoetim_42

Tahoetim_42

Reaction score
This.

After re reading it i must if missed it doing that the the before lights too
Yes, I had an issue with my high beams before installing the morimotos, I was thinking maybe it had something to do with a fuse or relay, but I looked online to try and find where the relay would be, couldn't find it.

OP
OP
Tahoetim_42

Tahoetim_42

Reaction score
Kinda makes me wonder if there is a issue from the vehicle side since the problem existed before the new headlights were installed. Possibly a short of some kind that intermittently worked upon install of new assemblies.
Indeed, at first I thought it was a fault of the headlights, but after messing with it a little and realizing it did it before, im thinking it's an issue truck side, just not sure where.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is odd, can you check the connectors and test for voltage with a multimeter? At least find out if the truck is sending volts to the headlights; from there I would trace the wiring back to BCM (?) and then switch itself. Good luck!