Hidden winch for raptor gen3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it’s anything like the gen 2’s you’ll also need to relocate the IC in front of the radiator. Plenty of threads on the pros and cons of that, but bottom line if you want to retain the factory cooling capability you may want to upgrade to a full race radiator as well. Adding a winch becomes a domino effect of mods unfortunately. It sure would be nice if I was wrong and the gen 3’s had more room.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m interested as well as I had one on my Gen 1 and miss it on my Gen2 enough to do the necessary mods to install one on my Gen 3 when it gets here. Hopefully I’m not the first to have it on my build thread, but if so, I will document it well and let y’all know the progress.

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm doing a rear hitch mount. Went with a Warn ZEON 10S Multi-Mount winch kit, Warn Interrupter and Swarfworks cables. Got it all installed last weekend, but it appears the solenoid from the interrupter kit was bad, so I have a replacement coming. Once I get it sorted, I'll post something.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm doing a rear hitch mount. Went with a Warn ZEON 10S Multi-Mount winch kit, Warn Interrupter and Swarfworks cables. Got it all installed last weekend, but it appears the solenoid from the interrupter kit was bad, so I have a replacement coming. Once I get it sorted, I'll post something.
Are you going to add a front hitch in the future? I considered that option as well as a receiver in the bed to store the winch instead of straps.

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you going to add a front hitch in the future? I considered that option as well as a receiver in the bed to store the winch instead of straps.
I'd like to, but I haven't found an option for the Raptor and the ones for the regular F-150 appear that you lose a bunch of clearance. The only decent solution I've seen was a build thread on FRF GEN 2 forum where the guy fabricated something himself.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to, but I haven't found an option for the Raptor and the ones for the regular F-150 appear that you lose a bunch of clearance. The only decent solution I've seen was a build thread on FRF GEN 2 forum where the guy fabricated something himself.
I am thinking that a flip up front license plate with a receiver behind it, if I go the fabricated route.

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Completed the rear hitch mount winch install. The ultimate hidden install- it's not there until you pull it out of the bed and throw it on the hitch :rofl:

I went with the Warn Zeon 10S in the Multi-Mount kit. So, you get the winch and wired remote, the hitch mount and a 7' cable intended for a connection on the front bumper. I used the 7' cable quick disconnect end at the winch connection and the terminal end connected to a pair of SwarfWorks 1/0 cables, which are really nice, albeit a bit long in this application due to the fact they are made to tie directly to a rear bumper mount winch. I am stowing the quick disconnect under bumper and it's captured by the hitch mount. I added some vinyl tubing to the the edges of the hitch mount to prevent chaffing.

I used a a Warn Power Interrupt Kit to provide power and control the winch through the #5 up-fitter. I mounted the solenoid to the back of the battery tray, which is a perfect place for it. I'm also running the Warn Wireless Hub which allows you to operate the winch through an app on your phone. It stays plugged into the wired controller port and I zip-tied the device to the multi-mount.

IMG_9484.jpeg

IMG_9488.jpeg
IMG_9481.jpeg
B276EB04-0D4E-481D-A1D8-80FAF48ABD77.jpeg30C36438-B173-49BB-8BB8-22BD6BDCB27F.jpeg