HID Bulb Replacement Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Bozz

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Before I order new ballasts, how many are there? Just one per side? Or one for highs and one for lows, per side (4 total?)? High beams work, just no low beams.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before I order new ballasts, how many are there? Just one per side? Or one for highs and one for lows, per side (4 total?)? High beams work, just no low beams.
each light has a ballast. if your low beams worked on the highbeam ballast, then you have solved the problem. will need 2 ballasts. but verify there is power going to those ballasts first

OP
OP
Bozz

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
each light has a ballast. if your low beams worked on the highbeam ballast, then you have solved the problem. will need 2 ballasts. but verify there is power going to those ballasts first
Make sure there is power going to the low-beam ballasts? How do I do that? With a multi-tester? The high-beam ones work, so they are obviously (?) getting power.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make sure there is power going to the low-beam ballasts? How do I do that? With a multi-tester? The high-beam ones work, so they are obviously (?) getting power.
yes, verify 12v going into the ballast. this will confirm the ballasts are bad

OP
OP
Bozz

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Got new ballasts in today. Temporarily hooked one up and lights now work. Raining now so will have to install tomorrow. Thanks for the help!

Previous owner had ballasts very loosely zip-tied to the frame. I have screws for the new ones to make a better ground contact.