Hi-Lift Jacks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
frogslinger

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting lift...

reminds me of what we did at BIAP when a 915 pulled out from under its trailer....

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I referenced that and linked it in my original post... Honestly I think it is a little expensive for what you get... you are probably better off using a 18 by 18 peice of 1/4 inch steel plate... if you are worried about slippage there are one or two simple ways to attach the footing securely to the base... the easiest being bolting it down. Wood would definitely be my last choice of a support, however the wooden landing gear pads we use to prevent loaded trailers sinking in the mud support 10s of thousands of pounds, so a little raptor should not be a problem.

The airbag has definate advantages... it is slightly more stable, less likely to tire you out out and has a high cool factor. It however requires an air source or running motor, and is as Elton Brown would say, a unitasker. The HiLift has some issues with a stock raptor, no doubt, and I cannot confirm any lifting points as I do not have a truck to work with ATM, however I am reasonably certain you can jack the rear end up using the receiver... place the jack on or in the vicinity of the tow hook on the side you want lifted, and you are golden. In front is more of an issue... but not much of one. Hilift has a bumper lift that I would NOT recommend with this truck as I do not think the stock bumper is strong enough. there is also an attachment for lifting by the wheel that runs 25-35 dollars which will work well, and I will be prototyping a tool to work with the front end of our trucks based on the t-lift... if it works out I will either publish the specs or do a group buy if that is authorised.

Any point you would use a regular jack on will work if you can get the jack to reach it... because of the tall stand you cannot put the jack under your vehicle and start jacking like you can with a scissor, bottle or race jack. As mentioned above the rear end should not be a problem, but the front end may be trickier... as I said I am working on two or three ideas for a solution.

Exactly my point on the "other" forum...i will be purchasing this Jack in the near future, probably once i close on my new house....But i do like the high lift for winching, lifting a tire and so on...i also have it attatched to my tiregate so its no big deal to bring with me on trips...but if i ever need to change a tire...the high lift is useless (as of right now till you come up with other options!), and for us raptor owners, this is our best option, and its a great one JMHO

here are pics of my high-lift attatched in the bed of the truck, and easily accessable when gate is pulled out.

IMG00010-20100413-2051.jpg

IMG00011-20100413-2052.jpg

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
forgot to add, but by the time you are done purchasing all the attatchments just so we can lift the Raptor with the high lift (not for certain anyhow), you are spending some good money, probably equivelant to just 80 bucks short of purchasing the air lift ordeal..

Hi-Lift Lift-Mate (LM-100): 34.99

Hi-Lift Off-Road Base (ORB): 34.00

bumper lift: 26.00

about a little over 100 after shipping and so on. that X-jack is pimp as all hell...although im not sure if the hose will fit around the exhaust tips (dual)

OP
OP
frogslinger

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use your tire inflator for the air jack... you bought one of those right?

You can lift a stock raptor out of the mud using a board of wood in place of an ORB and hooking up to the tow points on front or rear... it is doable... it is settled... ask me how I know...

This means you can lift the truck with a 75 dollar jack... no attachments.

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes i have one...but it isnt the greatest one to date, its sufficient, but not as good as some of the more pricier compressors. Be nice to just turn the truck on and go...

would be cool if you took pics of lifting the Raptor with the high lift...

chuckycastle

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10.5 years later and this is the most helpful/wholesome thread I’ve come across.

SGM Google sent me this way after getting roasted on Reddit for putting the jack on the Raptor (2019).

Wondering if any of you are still active on here and have any new insight after 10 years.

I’ve used the factory jack for tire changes and burried a hi-lift into the side of an F-250. The jack + off-road kit + recovery boards is keeping me from buying a winch/bumper set. Plus, I like the idea of bailing my Jeep buddies out since I tend to run recovery (fuel, tools, etc.) when we get the girls dirty.

Edit: some pics of the Jeep mount I used on my bed rack https://imgur.com/gallery/uGc9JU3

And some other pics of the rack and rest of the gear https://imgur.com/gallery/dRqgzJ8

Last edited: