Hi from the PNW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snuggles

Reaction score
I've been lurking and occasionally posting for a while and realized I should at least post something here for background.

I'm located in southern Washington state, just north of Portland. I mainly do what would be considered "light overlanding" or "extreme camping" with my kids. A long time ago I owned a fully caged and glassed Total Chaos prerunner, but don't feel the need to push the speed boundary anymore. At least not when the trails are lined with trees and cliffs.

I recently purchased a very clean 2012 Raptor SCREW from the 2nd owner (1st owner owned it for 8 years and it was mostly dealer maintained). Very well taken care of and very little indication it was ever offroad. I'm in the process of updating all fluids just in case and then will start pecking away at mods. I've already purchased, but not installed, shocks, eibach front springs, magnaflow exhaust and a couple of minor accessories.

Pics from the day I picked it up:
IMG-9104.jpg

IMG-9107.jpg

The backseat looked like it had never even been sat in:
IMG-9111.jpg

As I'm preparing some modifications I find myself with a dilemma - in my mind the Gen 1 Raptor is an absolute classic and I feel like keeping it as dead stock as possible is the right thing to do in some ways. I'll probably just keep all the parts I take off so I can return it to "original" someday. I plan to keep this truck forever.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been lurking and occasionally posting for a while and realized I should at least post something here for background.

I'm located in southern Washington state, just north of Portland. I mainly do what would be considered "light overlanding" or "extreme camping" with my kids. A long time ago I owned a fully caged and glassed Total Chaos prerunner, but don't feel the need to push the speed boundary anymore. At least not when the trails are lined with trees and cliffs.

I recently purchased a very clean 2012 Raptor SCREW from the 2nd owner (1st owner owned it for 8 years and it was mostly dealer maintained). Very well taken care of and very little indication it was ever offroad. I'm in the process of updating all fluids just in case and then will start pecking away at mods. I've already purchased, but not installed, shocks, eibach front springs, magnaflow exhaust and a couple of minor accessories.

Pics from the day I picked it up:
View attachment 379407

View attachment 379408

The backseat looked like it had never even been sat in:
View attachment 379409

As I'm preparing some modifications I find myself with a dilemma - in my mind the Gen 1 Raptor is an absolute classic and I feel like keeping it as dead stock as possible is the right thing to do in some ways. I'll probably just keep all the parts I take off so I can return it to "original" someday. I plan to keep this truck forever.
That's a good looking truck!