HI! from MI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2ndFord

Reaction score
Welcome to FRF
#OneLessprius

Clever job hiding the tire shine from the stealership!
What is that white stuff embedded in your tires ? :p (he types comfortably from the triple digit heat of TX)
Think its something called sand. Perhaps BAble could verify. But if "GR" as location means "Grand Rapids", ain't too far from the dunes at Silver Lake. Anyway, soil in MI is pure sand. Grew up there before family moved to PA when I was quite young and I now live in NJ. But visit MI every year, lots of family there, both daughters at U of M. Every time I take the long trip down the unpaved deep sand driveways of my relatives I wonder "what is this sand doing to bearings???"

OP
OP
BAble

BAble

Reaction score
Think its something called sand. Perhaps BAble could verify. But if "GR" as location means "Grand Rapids", ain't too far from the dunes at Silver Lake. Anyway, soil in MI is pure sand. Grew up there before family moved to PA when I was quite young and I now live in NJ. But visit MI every year, lots of family there, both daughters at U of M. Every time I take the long trip down the unpaved deep sand driveways of my relatives I wonder "what is this sand doing to bearings???"
Actually it's snow... Older picture :) Weather was crazy this year, winter didn't want to end.

Whether it's sand, road salt, or the lovely potholes on paved roads, MI is pretty good at wearing down vehicles. How's NJ? I thought PA was usually nice when I used to visit.