Hi beam relay trigger wire?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm am going to add some relays for my aux lights. For the ones I want to trigger off of high beams I need to know the best location to tap into the high beam wire. I know some of you have done this and was hoping someone could point me to the right wire with the most convenient access. TIA.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
should be able to find it right off one of the front head light. DO it on the battery side, so you can fuse your relay there.

OP
OP
Speeddeacon

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
should be able to find it right off one of the front head light. DO it on the battery side, so you can fuse your relay there.
Yeah, there is a harness with all the wires going into the headlight, just not sure which one the high beam is. May be a better place to access it upstream perhaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So you have his relay kit with the high beam trigger? If so you should have his instructions which point out which wires to use, right? I don't have the instructions readily available or i'd tell you which wire he uses.

OP
OP
Speeddeacon

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. I built my own relay box but bought his mount. The wire would be really helpful if you get a chance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It's at the shop (I hope anyway, since I have to tap my hi-beam in as well). I know it's online somewhere. His site has smaller photos of it that I found.

OP
OP
Speeddeacon

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like it’s the gray with orange stripe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rsbug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
volt meter would verify, I’m getting ready to run the trigger wire off of my SP9100 setup. I’ll tap into the hi-beam and give it a try and report back. Hopefully by this Sunday