Hi and can I get some input on this Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Evpilot

Reaction score
Hi everyone I’m looking at getting this 2017 With 70k mi. I’m ok with the miles but I’m wondering if there’s any known things that may come up to make an extended warranty worth $2k. I had a Toyota RAV4 EV that I knew was going to have some issues that were more expensive to repair than the warranty and it was definitely worth it. I had the motor, ac evaporator system, and inverter replaced on the Rav.

https://www.vroom.com/inventory/1FT...ce=ios&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=listings

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place. Check and see if it has the updated cam phaser repair on it. Check the oil pan for leaks. Check the condition of the shocks, and any other maintenance records. Good luck.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place. Check and see if it has the updated cam phaser repair on it. Check the oil pan for leaks. Check the condition of the shocks, and any other maintenance records. Good luck.

I ran an OASIS on the VIN. The updated cam phasers were installed. No other warranty history other than that.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
This is a twin panel moon roof truck. Before driving off, actuate the moon roof several times, listen for uncharacteristic noises like grinding, popping and observe for rough or non-linear movement. The moon roof is not Ford’s best effort and requires some care and regular usage or the seals stick to the glass. When this happens the motor can overpower the moon roof track mechanism and break it, sticking it in any manner of positions unable to move.

Workaround to avoid it- pop to vent FIRST, before moving the moon roof to the rear.

Lube seals with Ford Krytox (205?) grease. expensive, but does work at keeping the seals from sticking.

Else the truck looks clean.
There were 3x recalls on the trucks for
freezing door locks, 2 times.
seat belt mechanism.
There’s also a current something or other for the failure of the tailgate latch.
Keep these in mind; check to see the recalls we’re done.

Good luck & Welcome to FRF

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a twin panel moon roof truck. Before driving off, actuate the moon roof several times, listen for uncharacteristic noises like grinding, popping and observe for rough or non-linear movement. The moon roof is not Ford’s best effort and requires some care and regular usage or the seals stick to the glass. When this happens the motor can overpower the moon roof track mechanism and break it, sticking it in any manner of positions unable to move.

Workaround to avoid it- pop to vent FIRST, before moving the moon roof to the rear.

Lube seals with Ford Krytox (205?) grease. expensive, but does work at keeping the seals from sticking.

seat belt mechanism.
There’s also a current something or other for the failure of the tailgate latch.

Definitely use Krytox. I cheaped out with normal lithium grease and it needs to be reapplied often, especially in Florida. I’m going to buy Krytox for next time.

Mine gets bad enough that even with using vent first I often have to slightly push up on the rear glass until it separates when I open it fully.

GatorBait

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d work on that price a bit. Mine had 20k fewer miles with 37s and all options. And I got mine for $49k plus ttl. Can phasers were already done on mine as well.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

seat belt mechanism.

If it breaks in an open position, just cover with plastic wrap. No problem. Seriously though, it was about a $350 fix. Expensive, but not worth extended warranty.8ea1928925199744a2421c2e51453a39.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk