HGG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How would the HGG do on Huskyliner floor liners? I've had my black ones for a while and as my shoes scrub on them they've started to lighten up. Would the HGG attract excessive dirt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Interesting question. I have not tried it, but I do not think the HGG would attract dirt, since it is a sealant and dries completely. Give it a try and see how it works and if it makes them easier to clean.

I do apply HGG to the running boards, and it does not attract any dust or dirt there, nor does it make them overly slippery.

My OEM mats are due for a scrub, I will try the HGG on them. I have tried many of the products on them, and some are too slippery. I had settled on Leather Conditioner as a reasonable balance between providing protection and not being too slippery.

-Dan

OP
OP
AbnMP13

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting question. I have not tried it, but I do not think the HGG would attract dirt, since it is a sealant and dries completely. Give it a try and see how it works and if it makes them easier to clean.

I do apply HGG to the running boards, and it does not attract any dust or dirt there, nor does it make them overly slippery.

-Dan

How do you apply it to the running boards? Mine are so textured they would destroy a rag/cloth.
@2014RubyRed I like your suggestion, glass cleaning cloths would be so handy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How do you apply it to the running boards? Mine are so textured they would destroy a rag/cloth.
@2014RubyRed I like your suggestion, glass cleaning cloths would be so handy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use a plush towel, like the Borderless Gray Towel. The fibers on a plush towel are not woven or looped like a waffle weave drying towel, so they don't really catch on textured surfaces like the running boards.

That being said, if your running boards are in bad shape, like the finish is damaged from mud or dirt being ground into it, then you might want to try a cheaper microfiber towel, like you can get from the auto parts store, so you don't damage a high quality towel. Just don't use the cheapo towels on your paint, they will scratch it.

Also, make sure you really scrub the running boards with All Purpose Cleaner and a brush, then rinse good (and don't get the All Purpose Cleaner on the paint, as it will strip the wax or sealant).

Now, for your prize on the original question, how about a free air freshener? I am still the new guy and can't swing any free glass towels LOL.

-Dan

OP
OP
AbnMP13

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol I just ordered a six pack of air freshners during the cyber Monday sale. Loved that $5 shipping. How 'bout a coupon for another cheap shipping rate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk