hey y'all. I'm in love with my new truck but it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
enjoyed my truck today w/o the annoying start/stop. Even though I've only had it 3 weeks there were times when I forgot to disable it, and there would always be an instant when it shut down where I thought, "oh crap, what just happened". Glad to be done with that.

Miamibert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disabled mine with Forescan within the first week. I don't like the constant restarts. There is some talk of cam phasers being affected by it.

kid icarus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was debunked. The start /stop Ford has does not hurt the cam phasers.
Related, I actually don't mind the start/stop tech Ford has. I recently had a new Chevy equinox with that tech from GM and it was actually ok in traffic too.

5mith5

Reaction score
I just got my 2019 on Thursday, and haven’t checked, but heard if you use a pigtail, and/or trailer hitch / insert cover, it will keep auto stop/start off once you turn it off. (Meaning you don’t have to turn it off every time you start the truck)

BTW, my wife’s 2017 GLS 450 auto stop/start sucks much worse than my truck. Seems like hers has a much longer delay to ‘start’. First world problems for sure. ;)

OP
OP
cddawgs

cddawgs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really wouldn't care so much, but in my case I had surgery on my neck and its just very painful to reach with my right arm. Going to be that way awhile so I really want to disable it.Unplugging it seems the best way, can anyone shed light on what else I may be inadvertently unplugging? Driving in Sport was a bit much.

Kenny008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can also pull the switch from the dash and insert a jumper in the back of the switch. Takes about 20 minutes. You don’t need FORScan if you’re not comfortable with it. I jumpered it before they found the FORScan code.

I lived with it for several months , but it was just too annoying. I’m not in stop and go traffic enough to see the benefit. Jumpered it after 3 months.