hey y'all. I'm in love with my new truck but it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cddawgs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has one feature that drives me nuts. I am speaking of the shutdown feature when you've stopped for a bit. I know it has a switch that disables this and this is a small annoyance, but is there any way to disable it altogether? I'm in an 802A, 18. Thank you in advance, I really enjoy this site.

ArmyTanker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It bothered me a lot at first as well; however, I’ve gotten used to it and I don’t even really notice it now. You can just drive in sport mode all the time as it disables this feature

dew.man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perhaps the most discussed topic for the gen2 raptor with at least 4 ways to disable it permanently (off the top of my head):

1 Disconnect plug by the brake switch.
2 test adapter/plug for the trailer
3 forscan
4 purchase/install module inline with switch
Oh, and 5 purchase obd programmer can opener

Search is your friend. Top right on this site, and Google on the www...

OP
OP
cddawgs

cddawgs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everybody. My first experience with this, didn't even know it existed. Sure hate it tho. Gonna try the unplug it route. Thanks again.

BendSprinter

Reaction score
One other option not mentioned is get a tune for it. MPT got rid of the start/stop along with making it a lot more fun to drive!

Like you it was my least favorite thing about daily driving the truck. Especially the way my radar detector was wired in. Restarted everytime too...

Blusmbl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perhaps the most discussed topic for the gen2 raptor with at least 4 ways to disable it permanently (off the top of my head):

1 Disconnect plug by the brake switch.
2 test adapter/plug for the trailer
3 forscan
4 purchase/install module inline with switch
Oh, and 5 purchase obd programmer can opener

Search is your friend. Top right on this site, and Google on the www...

Can also plug something into the 110v power outlet in the center console.

I personally don't mind it though. It's saving fuel in all of my stop and go driving, and I like how it will restart if you reduce your pressure on the brake pedal (don't have to completely remove your foot off the brake for it to restart). If I'm in a situation where I want to turn into traffic I'll let up on the brake pedal a tad and the engine restarts so it's ready to go. I also think it won't shut off or will restart depending on how far you've turned the steering wheel.

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In Las Vegas the lights are really long, so I like it. But I also like that you can let up on the brake a little and it starts, although usually, if it is off, by the time my foot hits the accelerator it has started and is ready to go. I do turn it off (with the switch) if I am in stop and go traffic on the freeway though.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to get used to the auto stop/start but it really is annoying. I had MPT disable it with the tune and I haven’t missed it [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk