Hey all, happy to join you. This is my new to me 2013, 66k, F150 Raptor. Looking for recommendations on running boards and winch bumpers.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamesstone1933

Reaction score
Took mine off. The wife hates it but gives it a little taller stance so i’m like screw it. Even though my short a$$ has to do the little bunny hop to get into it.

jimmyjamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They do look cool. I'll set an alert for them. What winch did you mount? Do you have pictures?
I know I have a Gen2, but I went with a Warm 9.5xp, super powerful and ultimate durability, and it is the last fast line speed winch that isn't the M8274.
It's low profile too, so it will fit just about anywhere.

Morrisabm

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I think you chose the best color. Great gen Juan find and enjoy the mods I’m sure that are to follow.

George Dyck

Reaction score
They do look cool. I'll set an alert for them. What winch did you mount? Do you have pictures?
Some decent aftermarket headlight units is a mod that I’d recommend. The stock headlights are a real weak spot. Spend the extra money to get a good set. I purchased Morimoto headlights that are a bit expensive but the best available. You’ll appreciate the difference every time you need to use your headlights. I’m g1E6F0E5E-D3EE-44FB-9F51-4EAC80E29A28.jpegoing to get some Ridgid lights to put into the bumper slots as well.

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congrats on the truck.
Awesome
Wish mine had that low of miles:)

I do like the factory running boards on mine real well.
Like mentioned earlier, I am sure there would be a lot more door dings on it without them.
I have headlights like those above too.
And LEDs in the bumper.
Both were there when I got the truck, so can't compare to stock, but as bright as I can ever imagine needing and get a kick out of the sequential turn signals.

Enjoy the truck, nice.

Smilodon

Reaction score
Welcome to the clan. We have the SDHQ mount as well. Haven't installed it yet or even gotten a winch. Just wanted to make sure we had it in case they stopped making Gen 1 stuff. As some companies have already. Our truck didn't have running boards either. We wouldn't mind a stock set......

OP
OP
K

kwalsh30

Reaction score
Why you lucky dawg. Where did you dig that up? Very nice indeed! Welcome. There is a Gen 1 forum where all you seek is at your fingertips if you care to peruse. And guys will indeed share their opinions here to help, I’m sure.
Thank you man. Ill look up the Gen 1 forum. I looked for over a year to find her. Ended up in PA just outside the auctions.

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome.

Running boards is an interesting question. The stock ones are so good I rarely see anyone remove them. They are body mounted though, so if i was going to replace them I'd look for some that bolt to the frame. Just some tubing would do.

As far as a winch, don't. They weigh too much in front of the suspension. Get a frame-cut bumper; if you absolutely have to have a winch, get a hitch receiver in your bumper and mount the winch to a hitch. Then store the winch in the cab or bed. The front suspension does all it can do to manage the bulk of the 6.2, don't exacerbate the situation.