Hesitation under throttle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Greetings all!

My 2017 Rap with about 56K miles has what feels like a hesitation or very quick stumble on occasion while accelerating at about half throttle or higher. It takes off without any issue but once you're accelerating I can feel the engine stumbling occasionally. There are never any check engine lights and it seems to be making full power. Some days I don't notice it all but other days it's very prevalent. It almost feels like a misfire but wouldn't that throw up a check engine light if it were happening? I run premium fuel so I don't think it's an octane issue.

I would take it to the dealer to let them look it over but the problem is I can't make it happen on demand so I'm concerned it won't happen while they're checking it out and tell me there's nothing they can do.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 17 does it sometimes too, others have complained about it. I think that's just the way it is. Kinda scary when pulling out into traffic or crossing roads. Some folks will probably tell you to get something like pedal commander. I had one on mine for a few months, seems more like a gimmick than anything else.

eraserhead97

Reaction score
Greetings all!

My 2017 Rap with about 56K miles has what feels like a hesitation or very quick stumble on occasion while accelerating at about half throttle or higher. It takes off without any issue but once you're accelerating I can feel the engine stumbling occasionally. There are never any check engine lights and it seems to be making full power. Some days I don't notice it all but other days it's very prevalent. It almost feels like a misfire but wouldn't that throw up a check engine light if it were happening? I run premium fuel so I don't think it's an octane issue.

I would take it to the dealer to let them look it over but the problem is I can't make it happen on demand so I'm concerned it won't happen while they're checking it out and tell me there's nothing they can do.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thanks in advance for the assistance!
Hello there
Does it stumble while you’re cruising meaning the boost gauge keeps jumping up and down? Because I have the same issue. Plus the car has a poor throttle response. I have the same issue even though I had the adapters and the catted downpipes.