Here's a good one.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jughead

Reaction score
This happened to me about 2 weeks ago when we were plunged into a polar vortex.

It was about zero out and I went to start the raptor and move it up the driveway so I could blow the drive. I parked it on an incline of my driveway. Not very steep. I had it in 4WD and put it in Park. I took my foot off the brake and the truck starts drifting backward about 8 ft and then stops. WTF?

I repeated this several times thinking it was a fluke incident. Nope happened each time. I tried taking it out of 4wd and setting the parking brake.....no difference. Nothing changed and it happened each time.

Any ideas as to what happened here?

I had an excursion years ago that did something similar only it occassionally jumped out of park when parked on a hill.

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you try backing it up in the same spot and see if direction of truck made a difference? That way it would have ruled out the surface area? Just a thought.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It seems to me that the Park pin in the transmission has become damaged. It's either that, or the linkage between the transmission and shift lever has a problem. As this is a safety issue, I think you should use the parking brake from now on until you can get your truck checked out.

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, tried that. Moved up a few feet and back a few feet. Same.
Yeah that definitely sounds like transmission issues! That needs attention ASAP! Good luck keep us posted please.