GEN 2 Here we go again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well was going to leave a pic but didn’t realize you now have to pay to do that. A pic of My old 14 gen1 I sold for my 17 AudiS6 side by side.

Anyways so I love my s6 but miss having a truck, can’t have both..well maybe I could but wife wouldn’t let me. So here I am again researching the raptor.

So the last time I did this I spent hours reading through posts to get the low down. In 2013 had a 2010 king ranch and was trying to decide weather I should buy the last year model 14 or wait for the gen 2. After reading through I came to the determination that the gen two would be a 6 and have a ten speed tranny. Many peoples predictions on here came true BTW. Didn’t sound appealing to me plus i wouldn’t want the first year of such a drastic change in a model. So I ordered a 14 and got it in January of 14.

So my question to you all is what’s the scoop on the gen 3? If ford does the gen 2 like the gen 1...5 year run and then a new model.

Considering either trying to find a 19 (which I read on here that the market is flooded with them right now which means lower price) or order a 2020 with everything I want. I’m sure with enough shopping around I could order a 2020 for 1-2k over invoice. Got my 14 for $1,000 over invoice.

What should I do? Anything I should know and or that you wish you would have known before pulling the trigger...options you wish you would have gotten or wish you didnt get.

Thanks in advance and we’ll see if I give up my S6 for a gen 2...not sold completely yet

Edit. Didn’t realize you could post pics for free...clicked on original size and got the VIP only and assumed I needed to pay to post pics
d2b3f109aa7b91d578bdb96570f04b92.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tin Can Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 2019 myself; paid 5k under sticker. I still need to update my trade in thread, as I traded a 2018 for a '19, but I will tell you the deals on the '19s are real! My 2018 had every option save for the orange seats (hated those), and was my first Raptor. I learned a lot in my 14 months of ownership and choose my 2019 based on the options that I personally felt were ones that I couldn't do without. So my 2019 is an 802a truck, but other than a tailgate step and bead lock wheels there are no other added options. The 802a and bead locks were my only must haves; I opened my moon roof once in 14 months, never used the auto wipers or cruise control in the tech package (or cruise control ever), carbon fiber was "nice" but not a "must have", not a fan of the 2019 decals on Race Red. So with that knowledge I happily bought a "lesser" new truck. On the flip side; I know that I will lose out when I go to trade it in the future, but hopefully I keep this one (fingers crossed).

I bought my 2019 at Sarchinoe Ford in Randolph Ohio; salesman was Tony Newman.

Good luck with your decision!

OP
OP
BobbyVA

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 2019 myself; paid 5k under sticker. I still need to update my trade in thread, as I traded a 2018 for a '19, but I will tell you the deals on the '19s are real! My 2018 had every option save for the orange seats (hated those), and was my first Raptor. I learned a lot in my 14 months of ownership and choose my 2019 based on the options that I personally felt were ones that I couldn't do without. So my 2019 is an 802a truck, but other than a tailgate step and bead lock wheels there are no other added options. The 802a and bead locks were my only must haves; I opened my moon roof once in 14 months, never used the auto wipers or cruise control in the tech package (or cruise control ever), carbon fiber was "nice" but not a "must have", not a fan of the 2019 decals on Race Red. So with that knowledge I happily bought a "lesser" new truck. On the flip side; I know that I will lose out when I go to trade it in the future, but hopefully I keep this one (fingers crossed).

I bought my 2019 at Sarchinoe Ford in Randolph Ohio; salesman was Tony Newman.

Good luck with your decision!

Thanks for the information, I plan on getting the 802a and beadlock wheels as well with no other options beside a bed separator. Think the black wheels will go nice with white.

The moonroof looks nice BUT my 2010 king ranch and my 14 raptor had moonroof issues. The plastic gears broke, Wouldn’t open and you would hear a clicking noise. Of corse it happen after my warranty was up and the fix was very expensive. Told myself I’d never get another moonroof on a F150

I haven’t sat in a gen2 yet and will prob go by my local dealer and check it out. My only worry with getting a 19 is most will have the moonroof and as I said earlier I will not buy another f150 with a moonroof.

Tin Can Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bead lock wheels for 2019 are magnetic or "gun metal" color; the 2017-'18 bead locks were black, but I agree the bead lock wheels look better with any color.

I looked far and long for a 802a truck without a moon roof and bought the first one I found; most dealers check that box if they check the 802a option. I only upgraded because it was the right truck at the right price; I would have kept my '18 if my only option was to order a '20, because I really didn't need to upgrade.

Jurasick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think you should be able to find a 19 for well below sticker. I purchased my 19 on May 10th, before the build sheets were released for 2020, and I got them down $5k. 802a with everything besides beadlock, recaro seats, and decals. Exactly how I wanted it. Tell them you found it at another dealer for $xxxx off and make them work for your business. That’s what I did.

dilmorecg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would search around for a '19 with the options you want and go in to get a deal. ford.com has a search inventory option that will search all dealers in your area and you can select different options. Then go in and double check the window sticker. Thats how I found mine. Im pretty sure the only things different on the '20's is the color options and they bundled the Tech package with 802A.

OP
OP
BobbyVA

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would search around for a '19 with the options you want and go in to get a deal. ford.com has a search inventory option that will search all dealers in your area and you can select different options. Then go in and double check the window sticker. Thats how I found mine. Im pretty sure the only things different on the '20's is the color options and they bundled the Tech package with 802A.

Yea I looked, they have one near me but has more options than I want. Hard to find a 802A without the moonroof.

My sunroof went on my 10 king ranch and my 14 raptor

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want a Scab, but they are in short supply compared to the Screw trucks stacked up on the dealer lots. I absolutely don’t want a Screw, I prefer the shorter wheelbase for both off-road and city driving, and I don’t carry passengers. One of my local dealers has a white 802a without decals for $63K on the sticker that would fit the bill, but I drive lots of highway and wouldn’t mind having the tech package. There are a couple blue ones around that are fully loaded with decals and crap. I’ll keep an eye on the prices towards the end of the year. Building a 2020 Scab 802a with a couple options is $66K. Building a 2020 Scab 800a with the stuff I’d really want is $57K. I like the idea of saving $9K on the lesser truck, but if I’m spending this much I might as well spend the extra and have what I want.