Hennessy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No personal experience, but from what I have read and seen about Hennessy I wouldn’t touch them with a 20 foot pole. In addition to the many reports I have read about bad results mechanically, I have also seen reports about terrible build delays, terrible warranty service, and outright fraud. I don’t know how much, if any of it, is true, but there are plenty of businesses that don’t have such a terrible reputation, so ....

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
He is close to Hennessey so might not be a problem. Most of the bad reviews I have seen are from people that are out of state. I know a few guys here in the Houston area that have Hennessey builds, not just Raptor, with no issues. Guess it comes down to how close you are to their shop.

VelociRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just purchased a 600 Velociraptor Package upgrade from Hennessy for Old Blue a 2019 Velocity Blue Raptor. Any thoughts ? I am new to the forum and an old Vet (67) however I still love going fast and Off road. I might just head to Big Bend to try it out when its done.
Thank you for your service sir!
Hope you enjoy the truck.
Big Bend have good offroading (Baja style) areas or is it all rock-crawling?

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Looks like the Velociraptor 600 is a tune, intercooler, and intake, and exhaust: http://hennesseyperformance.com/veh...ord-f-150-raptor/velociraptor-600-twin-turbo/

Intercoolers and tunes are common mods here. Exhaust generally makes things sound worse, and everything I've read about intakes is they're not worthwhile.

Would not touch Hennessey, incredibly disreputable company. Looks like they've done some work with search-engine-optimization to clean up their search results....but here are a couple:

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/wpqymry/
https://jalopnik.com/ex-employees-say-hennessey-is-a-bigger-mess-than-you-ev-1778134112

Truckasaurus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He is close to Hennessey so might not be a problem. Most of the bad reviews I have seen are from people that are out of state. I know a few guys here in the Houston area that have Hennessey builds, not just Raptor, with no issues. Guess it comes down to how close you are to their shop.

https://web.archive.org/web/2017061...ord-f-150-raptor/velociraptor-600-twin-turbo/

http://hennesseyperformance.com/veh...ord-f-150-raptor/velociraptor-600-twin-turbo/

See the difference? When Hennessey originally created their "600" package, it had upgraded turbos. They spun a few bearings (had to hire a real shop to fix) and have since removed the turbo upgrade from the package. They didn't change the price of the package, of course, or the power ratings.

Hennessey is a snake oil salesman plain and simple. And so is anyone who would recommend his shop.

OP - you should cancel your order and do more research.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Please do more research, he has a bad reputation on this forum and many others for two decades. Look up posts on the Viper Forums from 20 years ago. He left many owners holding the bag, went out of business, then came back to work on Fords.

Even if I lived right next door, I would not trust him with any car or truck of mine.

SuperX1964

Reaction score
If you do make it out to Big Bend, be certain to book a room at The Gage Hotel or at the very least grab a Brushfire Margarita a the White Buffalo Bar and some BBQ at the Brick Vault Brweery and Barbecue. Happy trails.

OP
OP
R

Roc Nichols

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your opinions guys, my next door neighbor has had his 2017 upgraded since 2017 and the only issue was a coil went bad and that was under Ford warranty. I really appreciate your answers. I just joined the forum and had already had scheduled the upgrade so lets hope all works out. They are returning all replaced parts anybody gonna need a complete original exhaust system?

OP
OP
R

Roc Nichols

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you do make it out to Big Bend, be certain to book a room at The Gage Hotel or at the very least grab a Brushfire Margarita a the White Buffalo Bar and some BBQ at the Brick Vault Brweery and Barbecue. Happy trails.
Thank you I will stop by. One can't go wrong with a good Margarita and BBQ. gonna need a room too lol.